cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responding to help assistant question increases response time

williamwhitaker

Responding to help assistant question increases response time

I'm having some frustration at the moment resolving a crossed line at our new flat. I rang customer services and reported the problem last Friday (14th) and was given an estimated resolution time of Tuesday 18th. On Wednesday there was still no sign of a resolution so I posted a response to the question using the help assistant (I didn't fancy waiting 20mins on hold) asking if there were any updates. Having still not heard anything today (Thursday) I rang up and was told that to resolve BT had responded that they needed to send out an engineer and I could expect a call to arrange an appointment. Fair enough but when I asked why I hadn't been contacted already I was told that responding online had actually relegated my question to the bottom of the support queue.
This seems crazy that a question asking for information would actually prevent me from receiving a response. Now it's nearly a week after the original call and there's not even an appointment booked.
8 REPLIES 8
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Responding to help assistant question increases response time

Five minutes searching on this forum would have told you that
It's a common topic  Lips_are_sealed
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@williamwhitaker
Unfortunately yes, tickets going to the back of the pool after a comment isn't ideal. It is something we're wanting to fix, and have actually dug into the problem and started working on it. However I wouldn't want to commit to a timescale on this.
I can see that we've booked an engineer appointment for you, I hope this resolved the issue you've been having.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Chris
Unfortunately yes, tickets going to the back of the pool after a comment isn't ideal. It is something we're wanting to fix, and have actually dug into the problem and started working on it. However I wouldn't want to commit to a timescale on this.

I guess that a number of long term customers will not lose any sleep waiting for the result Chris Cry  With my afternoon cup of coffee I've gone back through various conversations on this very topic - back in March 2010 was the last time we got to a similar position on making changes.  Despite frequent 'outings' since then nothing has happened
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I remember many of those conversations, I think I was involved in some of them. I'm hopeful that this time we'll be able to fully follow through on it, but with the complexity of the ticket system and the different nuances for how to handle a ticket we need to make sure nothing else breaks.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Yeah.. Yeah..... I seem to remember a comment made 

Give us a bit more time, and we`ll get there..........

sound familiar, Chris. ? 
avatastic
Grafter

Now now shutter, it's getting harder and harder to make up excuses as to why no actual development is being done. (See also, Billing system, TLS support for SMTP / IMAP, IPv6) That's a lot of excuses they have to come up with.
I'm not cynical, I'm disillusioned.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I'm try hard not to take the bait on that one, but sorry there are only a couple of excuses used repeatedly.
It's a matter of priorities.
We cannot do everything at once.
These two excuses are self fulfilling - not setting priorities means nothing gets done first with (by agreement) something's will get done later.
There is no discernible plan shared with those in this community encountering the reoccurring issues.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

friendinneed
Grafter

I suppose the proper way is to raise another ticket with a reference to the first.