Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requests in next firmware please

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Requests in next firmware please

I don't really want to go through the hassle of swapping out my PN router for my old SSE Technicolor router, but it was good, very reliable, got good sync speeds and had features sorely lacking in the PN supplied router. I would like to ask for the following to be considered for a new firmware release:

1. Guest wifi network. Should be available on every router these days and is greatly missed in my household.
  2. Ability to change set alternative dns servers, not really liking the PN ones at the moment and prefer to use Google ones.
  3. Ability to allow ping response. Running a TBB line monitor means putting an item in the DMZ and that causes quite erratic logs.

Thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Requests in next firmware please

Or even update the Router offering to the later BT HH6?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

How much hassle is it to put a username and password into a router with the features you want?Probably a lot more than getting those features on the HH5/PN Hub1 !

Just saying 😉

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I more than likely will, but it seems strange that a bottom of the range, 3 year old, budget router has more functions than a new PN one. The SSE router didn't have guest wifi until the last firmware update a year ago. Thought it was a reasonably standard feature these days, even on the Vodafone router. Anyhow, I was just putting them forward as polite requests for consideration.

Welshdragon
Rising Star

I feel as though the PN supplied router you have is less than entry level...

It may be because they want to control your router as much as they feel they can get away with, albeit steps in the reverse direction compared to NON BT related ISP's.

Have they got too big and it's their way to tone down the customer base, without refusing anymore customers ?Huh

Something is sure amiss with PN and have been for years and certainly getting worse despite fine of £880,000.00 in 2017 and NO lessons have been learned