Report a Broadband Fault.

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Re: Report a Broadband Fault.

Oh..   just this minute got my first correspondence by email
[removed] - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
5:15pm, Tuesday 21 Oct 2014
Dear Ms ,
Thank you for your patience and apologies in the delay in getting back to you.
I have contacted BT and they have raised an exchange task to check a number of issues related to your circuit. We hope they resolve your fault via this task however we shall be in touch when we have further information. The next update from BT is after 48 hours.
We apologise for any inconvenience this issue may be causing.

--
ETA   and an SMS at 5:20
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]

Oh apologies someone has added something, but I never had any notification of the message at 1.01 pm which said it was undergoing review.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I reported that Fault catch 22 question three times since 2010 and its yet to be fixed, note the 2010 thread was pre this version of the forum
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108994.msg932223.html 2012
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130982.msg1141809.html 2014
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
kitz
Aspiring Pro

BOT - DSL Logged Faults
5:15pm, Tuesday 21 Oct 2014
Dear Ms ,
I have contacted BT and they have raised an exchange task to check a number of issues related to your circuit. We hope they resolve your fault via this task however we shall be in touch when we have further information. The next update from BT is after 48 hours.

Does anyone have any further info on this please.  I darent append to the ticket #93311123 in case it goes to the back of the queue, but Ive not heard anything since.
I noticed something changed on the line circa 3pm on Wed 22nd and  touch wood, since then it looks to have been fairly stable nor have I not seen any errors since then.  
The only problem is Im still being throttled by DLM 1) banding, 2) INP and 3) Interleaving.  Im uncertain atm whether the stability is down to the DLM throttling me, or if they have sorted the fault.
.... and surely if BT have fixed whatever the fault was on the 22nd... then I need a full DLM reset please... which means an engineer visit? Sad
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi kitz,
I've alerted your case to the agent who last dealt with your ticket. Feel free to add comments as I'll make sure it gets picked up today either way.
Once I can get a better idea of exactly what needs to be actioned, I'll update the thread.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Matty.  I was out yesterday and didnt get back until very late.  I responded to the ticket first thing this morning.

I note that since then,  at appx 11am this morning all traces of the DLM appear to have been removed.
I guess its just waiting now for BT to close off the fault, or if they are still monitoring.
Thank you also to Tony for his help.  Would still like to know what on earth BT were doing though to have caused it but so far they seem to be remaining strangely quiet