cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reliable

BB
Grafter

Reliable

I have been with PN for many years and have never had any reason to complain about them really.Odd moan but always resolved. I was promised a new router 12/11/2016. I am still waiting, althoughI have been promised twice that it has been sent. However after reading various reviews about the latest router Sagemcom 2704I am not sure if it will be as good as existing Thomson.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Reliable

If my TG router fails - I'll buy my own. The 2704 is crippled.

John
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Bought my own last year << never looked back Thumbs_Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
BB
Grafter

Juat had an email to say its on its way today. I was told this 2 weeks ago. What more can I say ?Huh

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@BB - Sorry to hear this, has your router arrived today?

It's unfortunately down to agent error as to why it hasn't been dispatched. A missed click of a button. I've fed back to ensure that they understand the process, and I can see that the router is on it's way from our side.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
chenks76
All Star

the common response i keep seeing is "this had been fed back to agent/manager etc", which is all well and good.
but does this actually get action-ed?
no point feeding it back if nothings gets done.

based on the number of times something is "fed back" then the assumption is that nothing gets done.
of course, this is assuming that it actually does get fed back in the first place, and it's not just a standard auto response.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

With the nature of this case, we just either send an instant message or an email over to their manager. I do have to leave my faith in somebody else from that point onwards.

With the more systemic issues we have tracked problems which are given levels of priority.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
chenks76
All Star

so you have no actual system in place to log and track such issues.
any issues caused by someone not following procedure should be logged into a system that is essentially used to track employee performance.

sending an instant message or email doesn't really do that, as you have no idea if the manager will actually do anything with it. and in some cases in might be in the managers best interest to NOT actually do anything about it.

the whole point of a corrective action system is that you don't need to simply have faith in another person doing something. you log it and it gets tracks, and the manager can't "forget" about it.
BB
Grafter

I got the new router and everything started great. It has started freezing when streaming. Subsequently I have to switch it off and on again. Its not really acceptable. The previous Thomson never did this ? Also I am not getting the speed which I was contracted to, its well below 7!!

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Is that wired or wireless?

If wireless, it could be that rebooting the router causes it to select a wifi channel which is less congested (at least at the time you did it.)

I've had a 2704n for a couple of weeks as a replacement for a TG582n, and it performs very similarly, including on wifi (i.e. adequate rather than brilliant in my house - it certainly can help to use a wifi analyser app to find a less congested channel rather than hoping the router will get it right for you.)