Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regularly overcharged

aagh
Hooked

Regularly overcharged

Sirs

Currently (October 2016) your customer services are effectively unusable and it has taken me almost an hour to find some way to lodge this complaint.

I currently subscribe to 24/7 UK calls, up to one hour at a time, and have repeatedly been overcharged by a considerable amount for local calls of less than one hour. This has occurred on 15 Aug15,          15 Mar16, 15 Jul16 &15 Sep16. Where I have exceeded one hour by a few minutes, on 15 Dec15 & 23 Jan16, I have again been considerably overcharged and the amount charged is totally inconsistent with the number of excess minutes- 5 minutes  & 8 minutes costing £3.76  & £6.24 respectively..

Would you please look into this and give me your earliest reply. Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Regularly overcharged

while waiting for staff to pick this up can you check the first few numbers on the problem calls - 0844 as an example

aagh
Hooked

Thank you Oldjim for your speedy response.

All the calls I refer to are 0141 (Glasgow) which is approximately 20 miles from my house. All of the calls are to my sister's landline.

aagh
Hooked

Hi Oldjim

I am disappointed to note that I have not yet had any response to my overcharging complaint of ten days ago.

I would therefore ask you to remind your relevant staff that this is quite a serious matter, given that I am only one of 750,000 Plusnet customers who are subject to computerised billing by yourselves and that the errors in my bill will therefore not only be confined to the several instances of overcharging that I myself have discovered.

Looking forward to your earliest reply.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

This is not an official support (or complaints) channel.

Your best bet is to raise a formal complaint: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@aagh wrote:

Hi Oldjim

I am disappointed to note that I have not yet had any response to my overcharging complaint of ten days ago.

I would therefore ask you to remind your relevant staff that this is quite a serious matter, given that I am only one of 750,000 Plusnet customers who are subject to computerised billing by yourselves and that the errors in my bill will therefore not only be confined to the several instances of overcharging that I myself have discovered.

Looking forward to your earliest reply.

OldJim is not a plusnet employee.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'm sorry that this thread wasn't picked up, I'm investigating your case for you now.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
aagh
Hooked

Thank you jelv for all of this information. Plusnet Help seem to be dealing with the matter now.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I have just been in the process of trying to identify why the calls that were under an hour were chargeable. I'm also refunding any excess charges together. I'll send you a ticket correspondence shortly.

Matty

aagh
Hooked

Thank you MattyC for your prompt reply and I look forward to having your explanation as to why this  apparent regular overcharging has occurred.

aagh
Hooked

Please would you  give you me your definition of "shortly". Thank you.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I know Matty was looking in to this, unfortunately he's currently out of the office but is back on Monday. I've emailed him to ask that he updates you with where he got to with this.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

See my correspondence here.