Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referal tokens: Inconsistent payment in relation to first month's subscription

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Referal tokens: Inconsistent payment in relation to first month's subscription

I have just referred a number of new accounts with the same organisation.  Upon signup they paid the first month's subscription at the time of ordering.  I have observed that some products on some accounts has generated a referral token payment, but not all accounts / products have done so.

From PN's referral's page...

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/earn-money-with-referrals/

When will I get my reward?

You'll get it after the person you've recommended us to has paid us. And depending on whether they pay monthly, quarterly or annually, that's how often you'll get your reward, too. It can take several weeks from when they've paid so please bear with us.

• There is nothing therein that suggests a referral reward is not paid against the first month's (advanced) subscription
  • Evidence on my account shows a payment against the most recently activated account for one, not both eligible products

Can Plusnet please

• Confirm that referral rewards should be credited against the first month's subscription
  • Advise why in the case cited, a referral token shows for one product and not another
  • Arrange for this oversight to be rectified
  • Advise how this issue will be prevented from reoccurring on the other accounts I have pending-active

Where is @ScottStorey when you need a software engineer?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

5 REPLIES 5
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Referal tokens: Inconsistent payment in relation to first month's subscription

*waves*

That sort of oddity was normally due to activation dates around your billing date.

From what I remember, the initial payments don't trigger a referral token. But I'm really digging back in my memory so couldn't say with any confidence. Someone who still works at Plusnet will hopefully know the business rules Vs what you are seeing.

I sincerely doubt referrals will be touched as a system until the new billing system is in.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Re: Referal tokens: Inconsistent payment in relation to first month's subscription

Scott,

Thank you for your input. Whatever the rules are, something is inconsistent. The acvountsvwhich have activated all did so in the middle of my billing period. For the account which generated a token it only happened on one of the eligible products.

Hopefully this might be adjusted before the new billing system launches.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Townman are you expecting a new billing system Soon Roll_eyes

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

We have all been anticipating a new billing system.... but please let's not divert this topic towards yet to be fulfilled anticipations!!

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quite right - most of us stopped anticipating the new system a long time ago. See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/direct-debit-date-change/m-p/1487235#M27812

You can only work with what is in place now!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)