Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ferkemall: Service deteriorated

ferkemall
Dabbler

Quote from: neil
Very disappointed with Plusnet customer service.
Prior to joining Plusnet I was told I would receive at least the same broadband speed as my previous provider Talk Talk but probably better.
I also received a written estimate of minimum and maximum speeds I could expect.
The day I was connected my speed dropped 20% (it is now nearer 25%) I have waited hours to be connected to call centres and waited days while the lines checked, settings re-set and lines to 'settle' all to no avail.
What do I want?, only to receive the minimum speed  quoted for or to be released from my contract without penalty.
Plusnet cannot or will not do either.
Very disappointed to receive this level of customer service from a company who advertises and prides itself on the standard of service given to its customers.
Any suggestions on what I can do next or do I have to grin and bare the lesser speed than I had with Talk Talk for the next 10 months?

They used to helpful now its like like talking to a condisending pit bull reading from a legal script ,
I'm looking to change to another ISP  PN treated me like rubbish I am going to check other deals ,if someone spoke to me like that in the street $#$#$#$# is what I would do !
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) changed topic title after split]
5 REPLIES 5
ferkemall
Dabbler

Re:new new lied misled and fobbed off

then you find out that it takes 30 to answer the phone , the buffering while your trying to watch /record a YouTube video is down to the router they supplied you with along with the constant drop outs is not designed to do streaming and if you need to watch videos you need to plug in a cable and not use the WiFi , strange I thought it was 2016 and you could have WiFi and connect to devices well that's what they told me when I signed up for it ,now it appears it could be my microwave oven  my neibours WiFi /or iv moved the WiFi or I'm to far away from it ( its a bungalow I'm less than 8 ft from it )
What ever is causing the drop outs /buffering it clearly not there fault , and now that friendly northern customer service has changed  into a legalistic pit bull , but after reading the forums I see that its not me and I'm far from being alone !
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Re-quote from OP removed.]
ferkemall
Dabbler

Service deteriorated to the point where YouTube is unwatchable I'm constantly having to reload the WiFi but it seems its my fault for having a crappy router that's not designed to do streaming ,its the one they gave me also when the wifi drops out dozens of time a day the only help i get to told i must of moved it /my microwave oven is causing a problem /neibours wifi is causing the problem /im to far away from the router (6/7ft) ect ect customer services assures me that they comply to regulation  , its got worse over the last months , 30minuets to answer the phone ,its a Sunday ,on phoning customer service I was greeted with a condisending attitude that was more akin to to being interviewed by the home office  it appears that dispite once having a stable connection it seems that its my fault this has gone wrong ,the whole thing has been a bad experience but are still taking my money well at least until I do some more research ,disappointed does not cover it ,then I looked on the forums and found I was not alone !
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderators Note.
Split into its own topic for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Re: ferkemall: Service deteriorated

Suggest this thread be locked in favour of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148008.0.html ; It seems totally pointless having two threads about the OP's same problem.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note.
Locked in favour of topic linked to by Anotherone in the above reply.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still