cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New customer- connected since Monday but no internet.

mgriffiths

I have exactly the same problem. I should have been connected this Monday but have the same symptoms you describe. Did you get anywhere?
(my PlusNet username is msgriffiths)
15 REPLIES 15
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm testing your line at the moment, could you reply to the text I've sent you letting me know if the router is turned on? We can't detect it when testing.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mgriffiths

Hi
Yes, it is switched on.
The DSL link seems fine - the broadband light stays green - but I can't connect to the internet. It always returns 'Disconnected by user'. In the router's diagnostic page it shows DSL is OK but PPP is down. I tried connecting with the BT test usernames yesterday but the same thing happened.
I was wondering if it might be related to the problem I found reported here: http://www.dslzoneuk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16015 - an incompatibility between some routers (including Thomson, which I have) and some 21CN exchanges.
Thanks
Martin
Chris
Legend

The DSL link seems fine - the broadband light stays green - but I can't connect to the internet. It always returns 'Disconnected by user'. In the router's diagnostic page it shows DSL is OK but PPP is down.

Every line test I've run is showing as Circuit Sync Status : Circuit NOT In Sync, so it looks as though something is amiss. I'll get the fault tested and raised to our suppliers, it may be worth testing a different router if you have one or we may be able to send one out if not.
I was wondering if it might be related to the problem I found reported here: http://www.dslzoneuk.net/...opic.php?f=28&t=16015 - an incompatibility between some routers (including Thomson, which I have) and some 21CN exchanges.

Your line isn't on 21CN so it shouldn't be that causing the issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mgriffiths

OK, so it sounds like a problem at the exchange?
I don't have another router - if you can send one, that would be great.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you could borrow one - even if only for a couple of hours it would be far better. It might not be today that the router gets sent out, then post and couriers a all over the place due to the weather and in the meantime PN/BT won't be looking at the problem until you've tested with the replacement router.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It smells like miswiring of cables in the exchange. Or a technical (software) misconfiguration there.
PS We do seem to have 2 peoples problems here but which reply belongs to which?  Undecided
mgriffiths

I think everything besides the first two messages relates to my problem.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim) Some posts split off from here to keep two problems separate. If any are in the wrong place please use Report to Moderator to identify ]
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mgriffiths,
We're arranging a test router to be sent to you now, it should be with you within the next few days. If you do manage to loan one in the mean time and test that please let us know how it goes - if the fault doesn't change with different equipment then it's almost certainly a line fault and needs us to escalate it for you.
mgriffiths

That's great, thanks.
mgriffiths

The behaviour was identical with the test router.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You need to add a comment to your open ticket to that effect - it might not get picked up from your post on here.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend

I believe Matt gave you a call and is now raising the fault through to our suppliers, hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it soon.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yep, just raised following a chat with a very nice lady who attempted a log in with the BT test details. As soon as we get anything back on that fault we'll let you know.