cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of Service Page replacement

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quality of Service Page replacement

In reference to this: https://community.plus.net/t5/Latest-Plusnet-News/New-Quality-of-Service-Page/m-p/1423562#U1423562

Call me cynical but I can’t help but think that the post by @LouisaMartin has nothing to do with being straightforward and honest. If any this is nothing but fluff as posting the data after the fact is no where as useful as the active page you are replacing.

It may be the the reason few people visit the page is down to the fact that they do not know it exists. This information should be much more prominent on the site, but we all know regardless of what is said in feedback this is going to happen regardless.

36 REPLIES 36
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Quality of Service Page replacement

as the page being removed is the one I use when I want to check waiting times I am extremely miffed at you removing it

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

With zero details given as to what the replacement is and what it will really display then I'm firmly in the cynic camp too.

I wonder why there were no screenshots of the replacement as Plusnet obviously know what the new page will look like? More cynicism unfortunately. 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

The page will be updated each quarter and show information and stats for the previous quarter  ????

is that quarter hour ?  or every 3 months ?

Why are Plusnet scared of of posting updates daily

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's every 3 months @rongtw, simply because if they are live you can get a true reflection on the state of play and when it's old it's irrelevant and dare I say easier to massage the figures.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm sure they will be honest and look forward to seeing data on one of the key performance parameters: how many calls to support are not answered because the caller gives up.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'm seeing what we can do from a screenshot perspective for you. The staging environment has dummy data in it and I would need to get it signed off, for this to be shown pre go live.

Louisa
alanf
Aspiring Pro

The most useful piece of information on the current page was Longest Call Waiting Now which is no longer being shown for Residential Customers.  Other information will not be a great loss.

Average Wait Today is not very useful. Including off-peak periods flatters the stats. Is this measuring the time between joining the queue and the call being answered or between joining the queue and leaving it for any reason? The latter case would include callers who hang up after several minutes without having their call answered and therefore flatter the figures.

Calls Waiting is only useful if one knows how many agents are answering calls. 60 calls waiting 15 people handling better than 10 calls waiting one person handling.

The current chart shows calls handled after 22:00 (when the lines close) including at least one around midnight.  I therefore wonder what exactly is being measured.

It is not possible to comment on the new stats as we don't know what they will show but I think we can be sure that only the least embarrassing ones will be included.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The replacement will include:

No. of customer experiencing total loss of service - the percentage of customers who over a 3 month period have reported that they can’t use their voice or broadband service, for which we have raised a fault to our supplier.

Fault duration - the average duration between when we raised a fault to our supplier (BT Wholesale or Openreach) to when the supplier told us the fault was cleared. (sometimes including an engineer visit). The customer’s actual downtime may have been less than this.

Provision duration – this is the average of all our new provision journeys, but excludes fibre upgrades. For direct debit only customers this duration includes time while we are waiting for direct debits to clear.

Successful appointments – this is the percentage of provision and repair appointments that were successfully fulfilled. Reasons for not being fulfilled could either be because the engineer did not arrive or the customer was not present.

Average time to answer – our call wait time across all departments.

Thanks Louisa

Louisa
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Average Time to answer - is this the average over a 3 month period

If so this is a total waste of space

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LouisaMartin - What is the time horizon for these averages? Is it as @Oldjim suggest at 3 months!

alanf
Aspiring Pro

Most of the new stats will not measure Plusnet's performance as it will be able to blame "our supplier" at least in part.

As I and others have previously mentioned knowing that the average response was good is of no comfort if when a customer calls they have to wait an hour for an answer. Longest Call Wait would be far more meaningful and that performance figure could not be attributed to "our suppliers".

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Guys

I completely take onboard your comments around this and Liam and I will take them away and feed straight back into the Business Improvements team on this page. We believe the new page gives a broad update of information for both current and prospective customers.

We're removing the current call stats page as the call data it pulls through simply isn't reliable, with it pulling through many times incorrect data, as well as the feed failing altogether and showing no wait times! The page isn't sustainable as it stands today.

We will now review the live call data we're able to provide and push this through to the relevant area, where is it can easily be seen and found i.e. Contact Us page etc. Once we have an understanding of this, we'll obviously share with you.

Ta

Louisa
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It is as @Oldjim suggested, 3 monthly yes @Anonymous

Louisa
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... and dare I say easier to massage the figures.

Thanks @LouisaMartin, but what a complete waste of time this will skew the averages to a point that they are meaningless.