cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisional dates - when are they confirmed?

shalom2010
Grafter

Provisional dates - when are they confirmed?

Hi
I signed up to PlusNet today. Very happy with the website, although there were two slight errors, the first stated my approx. speed will be 40Mbps
when in fact another email confirms (the correct) 62Mbps. Also, it was not that clear when/if a router will be sent.
I do have two questions:
1) I was initially given an install date of the 14th of January, that was not available (although the website offered it). It has been changed to a provisional
date of the 22nd of January AM. Do you know how quickly this takes to be confirmed? (So, I can ensure I will be home)
2) Will I be emailed when the router is posted out? (Again to ensure I will be in)
Many thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Provisional dates - when are they confirmed?

Hi shalom2010,
Welcome to the community forum Smiley
Your date for the 22nd January 8am-1pm  is now confirmed, you'll receive an SMS on the date that your router has been dispatched and you can check the progress <a href="https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=adsl_status>here</a>.
The router is designed to fit through your letterbox so you wouldn't need to wait in for this.
I hope this helps, if you've any other questions please let me know.
Chris
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: shalom2010
although there were two slight errors, the first stated my approx. speed will be 40Mbps
when in fact another email confirms (the correct) 62Mbps.

We've got a problem raised on this internally.  Should be fixed soon after New Year.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
shalom2010
Grafter

Many thanks Chris. Thanks for confirming the 22nd that's great. My phone cannot accept an SMS & I did not give a mobile number. Is an email also sent at the same time? ( I check it daily)
I currently use a 582n router with BE, so will send that back. Is there a user name/password to 'login' to fibre or is it like BE where you just plug in & forget it? (sorry if this question is off topic).
Oh, thanks Kelly for your comments. Hope you did not mind me commenting on the (minor) errors!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I did mean to point out that we are aware of the speed estimate issue Wink
Our routers come with a feature called TR69, this will auto connect itself to get you online. If for any reason that isn't the case than you can follow our <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-fibre-setup-guide.shtml">help guide</a>.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: shalom2010
Oh, thanks Kelly for your comments. Hope you did not mind me commenting on the (minor) errors!

Of course not Cheesy
Better you point them out so we can fix 'em!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
shalom2010
Grafter

Thanks. My phone cannot accept an SMS & I did not give a mobile number. Is an email also sent at the same the router is posted? ( I check it daily)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You'd be able to check the order tracker that I linked to, if you like I can dispatch the router today, although with the bank holidays it may be a little hard to give an exact date, I'd imagine you'd be looking around the 3rd Jan.
shalom2010
Grafter

It would be nice if you could post it early. At least it would be here waiting for the connection date. So, yes please can you post it early? Many thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's been done for you  Cool
shalom2010
Grafter

Thanks very much, Happy New Year!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries, have a great weekend and happy new year too.