Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prospect cannot sign up

Estragon
Rising Star

Prospect cannot sign up

Link.
I want to change from talktalk to an ISP with a UK call centre and Plusnet appears to fit the bill. However I am not allowed to sign up because my post code is HU18. Now before anyone starts mentioning KC, I live about 25 miles away and their system does not cover the HU18 area.
I have spoken to their very pleasant staff and they tell me that they are not allowed a work around. Someone there has mis-programmed their system to exclude all HU post codes and no-one seems to be bothered about it except the customer facing staff.

Maybe one of the team could sort something out?
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Prospect cannot sign up

Unfortunately we'd have to sign up in the same manner and would hit the same restrictions. I have raised an internal problem to get this issue looked at in the future, but it's unlikely to be fixed in a short timescale.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Estragon
Rising Star

Thanks Chris.
A great pity.
Estragon
Rising Star

Huh
In reply to another poster, the chap with the problem just said
The problem is just with Plusnet and started in July 2014 so I hear. I was previously with Plusnet at this address so it is not a post coding problem.

Something daft is going on.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Does the phone number (or postcode) work in the BT wholesale availability checker?
David
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Checking a couple of HU18 postcode at random (HU18 1AB and HU18 1DJ), ADSL is available according to the BT checker but broadband is unavailable according to the PN checker...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
I've let the OP on TBB know that we apologise and have reported the issue internally.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Why was it even necessary to build in a check to try and trap postcodes served by KC?  Surely the BT Wholesale database is the definitive source of whether broadband is available?  The addresses served by KC will show unavailable in the BTW check surely?
Someone was trying to be clever...  Wink
Estragon
Rising Star

Thanks Adam :). It is better as a posting there from one of the team.
Though as pwatson says, someone was trying to be (too) clever. As above, it seems this check as only introduced this July.