cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promises promises

Stephentitmass

Promises promises

Well it's been 5 days with no landline or broadband and all I get is promises which they don't stick to no one helps and no one knows what the problem is
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Re: Promises promises

Hi Stephen,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Do you have a dial tone?  If not you have a phone fault.

If you have dial tone, are you on fibre or adsl?

If you have no dial tone and the resolution has been protracted, there is some possibly that you are subject to a major network issue (such as some one stole the copper trunk cables).  Sadly BTOR can be very vague in communicating the status of the repair of issues impacting multiple users / CPs / ISPs.  Often they will fail to meet their own committed deadlines and not have timely updates.  I've experienced the same twice when (a) our trunk cables were stolen and (b) a ship dragged the submerged cable.  Services were out for 10+ days with no clear / conflicting information on anticipated resolution date.

What have you been told about the problem?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Stephentitmass

It's all sorted now some bt engineer who was fitting a neighbor apartment messed up my cables it looks like in the cupboard downstairs in the block
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I hope you've checked your line is still the correct number - it wouldn't be the first time lines have been swapped around after an issue like that.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)