cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Upgrades and Minimum Contract Lengths

sga101

Product Upgrades and Minimum Contract Lengths

I've been a plusnet customer for over 4 years, and have generally been impressed with the service.
When I signed up, I was mostly using email and browsing the internet, so Broadband Plus was more than adequate.
More recently, I've wanted to make use of services like iPlayer, but have often found them to be unusable at peak times.
I would have liked to upgrade to a product which would allow me to do this, but can't commit to an 18 month contract.
I think it is unreasonable to require existing customers to sign a new 18 month contract just to upgrade their package.
I don't need new hardware, I don't need my line activated, and I don't need to be transferred from another provider. If there are any costs associated with making the change, I can't believe it takes 18 months of subscription charges to recoup them.
Please can you consider revising this policy.  I would prefer that you had a 1 month minimum contract length for upgrades, but would be prepared to sign up for 3 months if I had to.
I want to spend more money with you, and you are making it difficult for me to do so. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position, so you are potentially passing up on considerable extra revenue.
Also consider that some people would probably like the freedom to try out the more expensive packages without having to commit to them if they offer them no tangible benefit, and this would make it easy for them to do so.

14 REPLIES 14
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Product Upgrades and Minimum Contract Lengths

Perhaps you would like to vote in the poll I started!
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81029.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Product changes do not require you to agree to any new contract, since we made changes in October.
If you want to try one of the new products I'd be happy to arrange this, and agree to move you back if you find it's not suited within the first month or so?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Mand,
Why did you avoid saying that ALL residential contracts are now 10 days and that the only liability is for deferred charges?
There's a very widely held belief that marketing have deliberately tried to hide the change in case there was a surge of existing users migrating out. Posts such as yours only add strength to that view.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

The question was specifically related to product changes, so I answered in context.
FWIW, I don't work in Marketing. Tongue
sga101

I stand corrected. I'm very pleased that this has changed since I asked about it in October.
Mand- I would like to move to plusnet pro. Your help would be much appreciated.
Mand
Grafter

No problem, can you raise a ticket just to cover my back please? Cheesy
Standard process is to schedule for your next billing date, but I can do it earlier if required?
sga101

Mand,
Many thanks in advance.
I have raised a ticket; reference number is 31262036.
Earlier would be appreciated if at all possible.
sga101

Mand,
I got this email in response to my ticket...
We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
Centre has now escalated your Question [number  31262036 ]
for further investigation.
The following comment was added to the Question
Thanks for getting in touch, can you just confirm you agree for us to change the account on your next billing date and agree to the new terms and new 12 month contract. If you have any more questions please get in touch 24/7, either by our contact number 0845 1400 200 or through our assistant on our website.
http://help.plus.net
Kind regards,

It would seem not everyone agrees about the minimum contract length for product changes.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you should not give the agents name - but enough said
Mand
Grafter

I'm really sorry about that.
I've 'educated' the agent in question, and have changed you to Pro now. You'll need to reconnect to get the new profile assigned though.
sga101

Mand,

Thank you for your help. You make a great ambassador for plusnet. I hope that they recognise all the good work that you do for them.
BRABUS
Grafter

If you change from Value to Premium can you then another month later change to Pro?

If its all more than you want can you then select value again?  I would hope hat you do.  This would show your own belief in your quality fo service and openness like that would go a libg way to keep customers.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, you can change between them if you like month to month with each change happening on your billing date.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BRABUS
Grafter

Chris I know you can go up a level byt can you go back down again?Huh