cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh Discussion

paulpicks21
Grafter

Re: Product Refresh Discussion

Martin , from what I read on another thread , you can stay on premium as long as you like even tho there are new packages. I will try and find the thread for you.

Edit - here it is http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,85287.0.html
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I have had 2 disconnections this morning already, i hope this has nothing to do with my switch to 'Extra'  Angry
severedsolo
Grafter

thanks paul that answers my first question... can someone please clarify if when i move i will be allowed to keep premium at my new address?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Changing package to Extra will have nothing to do with dropped connections, it doesn't affect the wholesale product you're on nor the connection between your router and the exchange.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Awesome  Grin
Be3G
Grafter

Mand – if you see this, can I gently nudge you towards my PM from yesterday about upgrading to Extra please. Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Nudge noted.
Sorry, I've had a few PM's the last couple of days. Smiley
paulby
Grafter

@severedsolo  You should stay on the package you're on when you move house.
Mand
Grafter

You're correct Paul. Smiley
severedsolo
Grafter

thank you for clearing that up! excellent  Cheesy yet another reason to love plusnet, when i was with talktalk they made me switch to an inferior package when i moved house because it was a new contract
Mand
Grafter

I'll refrain from commenting on that. Wink
Laser
Grafter

On the speeds page (http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_speeds.shtml) it describes Extra as being "Designed for serious Internet users, ideal for all Internet activities" whereas the apparently superior Pro says it is only "Ideal for all general Internet activities and occasional gaming and VPN. Designed to cater for some, although light, binary USENET, Peer-to-Peer, VPN or music/video downloads." (my emphasis).  Not quite what I expected... Huh What happens if you hammer P2P or VPN on Pro?
The new Extra package and the price drop on Pro looked attractive until I saw the Market 1/2 price. I really dislike the way the higher price is hidden in in the small print, very dishonest.  Angry  The Market 1/2 pricing (not just of Pro) is killing the attractiveness of the new products compared to legacy packages. It would be interesting to see whether statistics of pre-Market-split PN customers who haven't changed to newer packages vs. Exchange Market supports this view.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Laser
What happens if you hammer P2P or VPN on Pro?
You get charged £5 per 5GB for everything over 20GB  Sad
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

... and your 20GB usage allowance can be swallowed up quickly if P2P and binary Usenet usage is beyond 'light'.
David
Jessica
Grafter

I’ve just read on one of the other threads here that there is a £25 setup fee for ‘Extra’.  Is this correct?