Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh Discussion

Mand
Grafter

Re: Product Refresh Discussion

Quote from: podman
So before I make the jump from BBYW pro to the New Pro the only difference will be the reduced price? All my download speeds will remain at line speed and i can request to keep my ip address.
Sadly no ADSL 2 for me until 2011 😞
Last time I changed my product to the one with 80Gb downloads and the speed difference was dramatic. I'm more than happy to pay for higher speeds.
edit:
will i also still keep 1 month contract?

New Pro is the same as the old Pro, except that you'll get the lower price and that you can't then change between BBYW options. You'll also keep your current contract (10 days notice).
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Laser
Quote from: Mand
The usage allowance on Pro wouldn't last long if you hammered P2P or VPN, hence the 'light' qualifications. The speeds would be excellent though. Wink

It seems times have changed...
Quote from: http
Broadband Premier is designed for all kinds of Internet activity, including file downloading, as with peer-to-peer or Binary USENET...
Broadband Premier Option 1 is provided with 20GB allowance

Times have indeed changed, it would be easy to use that entire allowance on streaming these days, whereas when we launched Premier things like iplayer were not even on the horizon. Bandwidth usage has steadily increased over the last few years, with more and more bandwidth-intensive applications becoming available, 20GB just don't go as far as it used to.
Quote from: Laser
I understand the point re Market 1 and 2, but the vast majority live in Market 3 areas, so raising prices here would defeat the objective of the wholesale reduction.

I'm thinking "vast majority" might be an overstatement, being as I've seen figures of around 70% being bandied about. (Although precious little in the way of easy-to-find official statements. It's almost like they don't want you to know... Roll_eyes )
Anyway, that aside... The price differential seems very large - generally about £6.50. Is that a realistic figure of how much "discount" there is for that market, or do we have a situation where the Market 1 customers are subsidising headline-grabbing prices for the Market 3 regions?
And if it really is "vast majority" (i.e. 90% or so), then a 50p increase for the 90% would allow the remaining 10% to have nearly as low a price.

70% is a majority is it not? Tongue
IIRC the figure is just over 70%, but as you say, it's not easy to find.
I'm not able to give the actual costs, but the difference is significant. There'd be no logic in us subsidising Market 3 prices from Market 1 and 2 areas (as the prices are automatically higher, and we wouldn't want to raise them further artificially).
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It may be a majority but it most definitely is not a "vast majority"!
As someone on a market 1 with no LLU and no scheduled 21CN date (my exchange wasn't even on the list before they pulled the dates) I'm not very happy about the situation.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

OK, OK, my wording of 'vast majority' was maybe a little optimistic.
Most of the densely populated areas of the UK have Market 3 exchanges. Better? Smiley
There's a pic here which perhaps illustrates the point better.
My local exchange sounds a lot like yours, so I know how you feel.
Laser
Grafter

Hm, yeah. Great if you live in London or Manchester, but you're stuffed if you live anywhere else.  Lips_are_sealed
How often (if at all) does the status of an exchange get reviewed? Mine has allegedly had just shy of the magic 10,000 lines for the last three years, yet they've built umpteen new housing developments in the area during that time...
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Hopefully not too often otherwise my exchange would get downgraded to Market 2 as the only LLU is Sky and the various bits of TalkTalk (used to be TalkTalk, Tiscali and AOL)
Mand
Grafter

I've heard the words 'annual review' touted, but I've only known of one or two exchanges actually being reclassified.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

My usage is not showing since my up/downgrade to 'Extra'.
Is this normal?
How long will it take to start showing?
tanks
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

OK, OK, my wording of 'vast majority' was maybe a little optimistic.

There is no such thing as a vast (or any other kind) majority.
A majority simply means "more than half"

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

amcclean
Rising Star

Cheers Mand,
I have placed the request by phone although I have to say it got the CS agent a bit confused as they could see no path to transfer me from old pro to new pro mentioning that as it was not an upgrade or downgrade the option didn't seam to be there. More of sideways slip i guess.
I am assured after a few mins on hold that the request along with retaining IP has been placed.
podman
edit, after call i do not see any question or note in my account open or closed.
Mand
Grafter

We've got an issue with old Pro to new Pro changes at the moment, the fix is currently in testing on our staging platform. I'll give you a shout once it's sorted.
amcclean
Rising Star

Cheers,
will the pn system remember my call and my request for a change as there is no mention on the  ticket system of my call or will i have to re-request?
podman
Be3G
Grafter

Mand – any news yet about the mid-month account change I sent you a PM about? (I thought I'd post here seeing as you mentioned a couple of other people are hoping for the same thing too.)
Mand
Grafter

@podman, I'll schedule the change for you once the problem is fixed.
@Be3G, I'm still working on getting a friendly dev to help me. I'll keep you posted.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Mand:
I'm away from home at present and only just noticed this new product.  I have switched over just now but the switch cannot be made until my next billing date which I believe is May 21st.    Can this be implemented any sooner or is it too complicated on the billing side?
I would have spotted this earlier on the forums but I still have not found my way around since the change in the format.