cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems & Delays trying to join Plusnet

nute27

Problems & Delays trying to join Plusnet

Finally after more than month my Phone line has switched over to Plusnet but I've been left with no Broadband for the whole of this week after some sort of mix up between Plusnet and the previous supplier.
After speaking to Customer Service I was promised that someone would look at expediting the Broadband as quickly as possible but nothing seems to have happened and it still looks like Friday 6th Aug before I can get online with Plusnet.
Is there someone who can have a look at this as I'm trying to organise my wedding which is in a couple of weeks and lack of email access etc is really making life difficult! The nice shiny new router has turned up but it's no use without the Broadband to go with it.
So far I'm less than impressed with Plusnet as I've also had to get a refund after I was overcharged line rental on the delayed Phone Line too!
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Problems & Delays trying to join Plusnet

Hi nute27,
I'm sorry to hear about these problems and that we seemed to have failed so far to make a good first impression. I hope we can turn things around a little now, like you say a nice new router is of absolutely no use without a connection which you should really have by now.
Just to detail what we can do to push things through quicker I have had to cancel the order already in place for completion on the 6th. I will shortly then be raising a new order along with an expedite request which should result in it completing tomorrow.
Also with regards to the charge that was made incorrectly, this was a system problem as it looked like we tried to bill you for line rental before the service was instated. As for the problems with your order this was human error, those involved who made a mistake will be given feedback and any training needs should get addressed as a result.
As I believe first impressions are vital in customer service we feel its only fair that we make a good will gesture and discount your broadband subscription for a further month because of this.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nute27

Hi Adam,
If you can do that it would be much appreciated - wish I'd found this forum earlier.
The online order tracker now says after 12 on the 7th August - will I get some sort of confirmation that the expediting has been successful?
Thanks,
Duncan
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
Due to me expediting the order the tracker won't be accurate. I've raised ticket 34522589 and will be updating that with more details as soon as possible (probably a little later this afternoon). In case you're not aware of how to check this you need to log into the member centre and go to 'help and support' then 'my questions' which is linked just below.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nute27

Hi Adam,
Any progress on this as there's no updates in 'my questions'?
Thanks,
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
Sorry for the delayed response. I have an order in place for you now. However as things stand it looks more likely to complete on the 5th instead of the 4th.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nute27

Do you know whether this will be completing tomorrow or not yet? Really could do with getting online again at home...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
As per our chat earlier on the expedite request has been accepted by our suppliers and confirmed for completion today.
I'll give you a shout when I receive a notice of completion.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nute27

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi nute27,
I'm sorry to hear about these problems and that we seemed to have failed so far to make a good first impression. I hope we can turn things around a little now, like you say a nice new router is of absolutely no use without a connection which you should really have by now.
Just to detail what we can do to push things through quicker I have had to cancel the order already in place for completion on the 6th. I will shortly then be raising a new order along with an expedite request which should result in it completing tomorrow.
Also with regards to the charge that was made incorrectly, this was a system problem as it looked like we tried to bill you for line rental before the service was instated. As for the problems with your order this was human error, those involved who made a mistake will be given feedback and any training needs should get addressed as a result.
As I believe first impressions are vital in customer service we feel its only fair that we make a good will gesture and discount your broadband subscription for a further month because of this.
Adam

Hi,
Broadband all working now but not seen any discount for the broadband as promised above? How was this going to be processed? I've seen a refund for the over charge on line rental but nothing else.
Thanks,
Duncan
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi nute27,
Discounts added manually aren't actually visible to customers. I give you my word that the discount is there Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team