cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably wasted my time!!

oldbaldeagle
Grafter

Probably wasted my time!!

I've just been on chat to ask what I thought was a simple question but am now more confused than when I started!
In August 2015, when the line rental was due to go up, I agreed, I thought to a 2 year contract for fibre at a discounted rate.  I very rarely go on my Plusnet account as I find it very hard to understand.  However, I noted today a closed question which referred to a 12 month discount, hence I went on chat.

I got to speak to a Plusnet colleague very quickly and she agreed that there had been an error and there should be a 2 year discount which she applied.  I then asked her to tell me what the start date of this discount was; the date she eventually told me was in March 2015 which was a housemove and nothing to do with a fibre upgrade.  Her response, in essence, was that she didn't want any more to do with the matter and that I would have to phone Customer Options.  I did try to do this but got bored with waiting!
If any Plusnet colleagues read this, can you please point me in the right direction
Regards
Jon
4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Probably wasted my time!!

Apologies for any confusion surrounding the discounts.
Basically, when you originally agreed the deal, the agent could only apply the discounts for a 12 month block, so they also raised a ticket for someone to apply the remaining 12 months of discounts once the initial 12 months had been used up.
I'll make sure to pass some feedback on regarding the person you spoke to via chat.
I hope this clears things up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
oldbaldeagle
Grafter

Hi Harry
Thank you for your response.  I presume the deal you refer to is the upgrade to fibre which took place in August 2015, not the housemove on 1st April 2015.  Your colleague I spoke to yesterday claimed she could only see a contract from 23rd March 2015 and she said she had added a further 12 month discount presumably from 23rd March 2016, which, of course, is not what I agreed to in August!
Hopefully you can shed more light on this.
Jon
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Yep, 04/08/15 on this Ticket
Followed by this Ticket which was put on hold until July to apply the remaining 12 months discounts Smiley
Not sure why she said she couldn't see this ???. As I said, I've passed feedback on about that.
Shouldn't be anything to worry about as the ticket is still in place, on hold until July to apply 12 months of discounts to take you up to the full 24 months as you were offered Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
oldbaldeagle
Grafter

Thanks for your help
Jon