cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing previous bills

snoman

Printing previous bills

The updated billing viewing is nice but there's no efficient way to print previous bills from the pop up screen. I have had to screen shot them to print them which I'm sure you appreciate is not optimal.

22 REPLIES 22
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Printing previous bills

Hello @snoman

I am sorry to hear you are unable to print your bill as you normally did previously.

Our new bill invoices online are a downloadable PDF format, which when downloaded gives you the option to print the document was opened.

Hope this information helps.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

In the future, PDF documents might well be better, but right now there is no means of sensibly printing HTML bills which pre-date the new billing system.  People need proper answers which fix today's problems please.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

snoman

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I see some changes have been made since my post of yesterday as the view your bills function yesterday went through to the old billing display which included the VAT element.

The new PDF reader function is not functioning in Firefox.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Can you clarify that comment please?

I have just sought to check and its unchanged - old bills appear in a window too small to show the whole bill without scrolling and there is no printer friendly option … be it a VAT valid or not invoice.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As I have posted elsewhere, not ideal but I use this method for printing old invoices:

Open the old invoice of choice.

Click anywhere on it.

Do a Ctrl A then a Ctrl C.

Open a new Microsoft Word doc and do a Ctrl V

Unfortunately Notepad, Wordpad and Notepad++ don't retain the formatting.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Richard95

Sooooo frustrating! The new format is working fine but how do you print off the previous format. Like many, I need to do this for business accounts and the call centre support is constantly engaged. Please advise either how to print off or order back dated printed invoices.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

If you are using Firefox you could try this:

View my bill --> Select 'old' bill --> right click any where in the bill --> 'This frame' -->  'Print frame'.

Job's a good 'un!

Richard95

Genius! Thanks so much, works a treat. What a relief.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for your help on this on @MauriceC 

@snoman - does this also work for you? 

Thanks,

MoR

megluca

How do I print or download a bill. The dropdown date menu whenselected brings up a view of the top half of the bill (have to scroll to see the rest) but there is no print button so if I press control p - it just prints clipped edged rubbish.  Please advise.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@megluca see my post here or @MauriceC's post here.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Or view in a browser which supports printing of the current frame only. eg IE

bikeman
Dabbler

I'm self employed so I need to print vat invoices. 

Plusnet have implemented a change without considering the impact on their users. They have received feedback but clearly don't give a [-Censored-]. I need to print invoices so I guess I'll just have to move on. Thanks Plusnet.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Sorry you feel this way @bikeman, if you need any specific invoices please let us know so we can either send them over or advise you how to view.