cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increases

headonastick
Dabbler

Price increases

Keep banging up the price Plusnet, but not for new customers, why don't you do existing customers "proud" and give the same deals? As we say in Barnsley "robbing gets"!

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) changed topic title to be more reflective and remove the all caps inherited from the post it was split from.

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: YOU ARE A DISGRACE - AND I AM NOT A BOT - UNLIKE ANYTHING CONNECTED TO PLUSNET

Have you ever tried ringing them and asking what they can offer - I have, and am now paying less than I was when I started.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Price increases

To get the best price I'm afraid that you have to be proactive. Look up the best equivalent deal around on comparison sites then ring Plusnet, select the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option and ask them to match it or you're off. You might be pleasantly surprised with the offer you get. Don't be afraid to say "not good enough " if you think that their first offer is a try on. You can always leave it then ring back later.

It's a shame that you have to do this but it's not only ISPs who exploit passive loyal customers in this manner.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

BT did it to me, that's why I came to PN in the first place.  BT wouldn't budge from the full price, and since I'd had ADSL BB with them for eight years (with a discount of some sort for each of those years) they probably thought they could do what they liked and I still wouldn't leave.

salmo
Rising Star

My experience is that very few firms reward loyalty. I regularly change insurance companies, power supplier etc,  I rang PN Customer Options twice and for the first time in over ten years I wasn't offered an acceptable deal. I guess it depends on who you speak to and when. I must be losing my negotiating skills or they thought that as I hadn't moved before then I wouldn't now. However it made me search around and I got a better deal with another ISP. The change over went smoothly. To be honest the speed is slightly better but time will tell whether the support is as good. I can come back to PN and get the new customer deals next year if my present ISP become too expensive.

chint4n89
Dabbler

Luckily - you can keep moving when price increases happen - there is usually a clause that either states/implies you have to pay nothing and can get refunded for the remaining amount if you have paid up front - if you cancel within a certain amount of time.

Loyalty gets you nowhere nowadays with these companies. Absolutely no point.

Keep going through Quidco and cancelling for free wherever you can (if not the end of the contract) - can't go wrong then.

I have just left Plusnet with price increases as a reason and there was no real push for retention. Plus I have had shocking service from Plusnet anyway so was not keen on staying unless it was a really good deal.

Best of luck!