cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase!

mlmclaren
Grafter

Price Increase!

So now Plusnet are to increase prices in September, What are you planning to do once you receive formal notification?
20 REPLIES 20
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Price Increase!

I voted to 'Stay Put' but can't agree with the 'still worth the price ' bit.
Unfortunately I belong to the 'better the devil you know' group.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well my option is not in there, I will leave AFTER my LRS expires as there is NO REFUND. So I think it could be construed as the last option of your survey. NB phone only moving
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

So Strat you still using the same insurance company you started with, the same bank & power companies?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Bank and energy supplier, yes.
Insurances are the exception that proves the rule.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mlmclaren
Grafter

@Hairy McBiker - Added option Smiley
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Just double checked FTTP prices vs Zen and A&A again - I'll be staying put  Grin
peter10
Grafter

My LRS runs out at start of December. I used to renew early to get it just before the price increase but I've been thwarted this year by PN bringing the increase forward. Therefore I voted for the leave after LRS expires. I will start to look around in October to see what is available. It may be that the others have put their prices up by then because ISPs seem to operate as a cartel.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I've voted stay put main because I won't give away 6mth LRS. Don't think I'l renew that next year then it will only cost me an additional £9 until the next expected price increase and if I want to leave I won't lose out financially.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

As someone who paid my LRS in January this year, and with 15 months of a 2 year contract still to run, I see myself as lumbered (and 'none of the above' as far as the poll is concerned.)  Sad
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

In my case age demands the least hassle, and the cost rises will not be in any way a financial blow. I'll stay!
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It isn't the price hike per se which peeves me it is the fact that they have increased the phone part with no change to the underlying cost from Openreach/Wholesale and all, I must assume, to pay for the ludicrous special offers they have been bouncing around for broadband (cash back plus broadband almost free for a year) and the really silly 40/20 fibre which had no logic to it as the supplier cost was the same as for 80/20 fibre.
We could see where it was heading with respect to support not keeping up with the increase in customer numbers and they must now realise that it is hitting the bottom line as well and BT won't be too happy about that
I really wonder why finance weren't properly costing the effect of the ludicrous special offers they were bouncing around.
Customer numbers are only one measure of the state of the company and where there is no real economy of scale taking on new customers at below cost is farcical in the extreme
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi OJ,
Seems really strange that we the users were the only ones seeing this coming as you describe.  Must be something to do with being old grey and past it, unlike the youngsters running everything believing only in their own hype and self importance.
Anyone with more than 5 beans ought to have foreseen that cash back exceeding the broadband fees for the full duration of the tied in contract could not last.
May be there needs to be legislation against selling at a lost and cross subsidising from other service lines - please forgive the pun.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

drunkenmonkey
Grafter

I voted to stay as none of the price rises affect me as I don't pay line rental
mlmclaren
Grafter

My apologies buntrob, I have now added that option though it might be too late for you to change your mind...
I appreciate the feedback.