Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive experience! Thank you!

bales1983
Grafter

Positive experience! Thank you!

Hi all,
Just like to say I had a positive experience with my fibre upgrade today (I find the people with good experiences dont tend to run to the forum but here i am!)
The OR engineer arrived as promised on the correct day and within the timeslot given, The one fault was that as far as he knew, OR didnt supply the data extension kits now and they should be sent direct from Plusnet! Unsure on the legitimacy of that claim but i hadnt received one.
Anyway the guy relocated the NTE to another room and also made his own data extension by hardwiring into the faceplates data connection with some cat5 spec cable and popping an RJ11 plug on the other end to get the router where I wanted it!
Downstream is only 24.5mb but to be fair im on the end of a rather lengthy line (ADSL struggled to 4mb) so im happy enough with that, my line estimate was 33mb but having had numerous issues with our particular line such as no dial tone or noise on the line over the years I wasnt expecting that!
All in all a good experience so thanks to all Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
Brandscill
Grafter

Re: Positive experience! Thank you!

The lengthy line you have may have meant slow ADSL speeds but for Fibre it's distance from the cabinet. If you were estimated 33 I'd ask Plusnet why it is so far off.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear the upgrade went smoothly Smiley
Are you getting those speeds on wired or wireless? Looking at the estimate for your line on http://dslchecker.bt.com it's actually 23.9Mbps-33.2Mbps
Although your getting speeds towards the lower end of the estimate, it's still within the estimate for the line.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bales1983
Grafter

Hi Guys Smiley
I was quoting the optimistic end of the scale when i said 33 Smiley To be fair im quite chuffed at 24mb (Harry, test was wired) line is currently synced at 24195. My biggest problem and always has been even far back as dial up is im about a mile from my cabinet as it appears to take a convoluted route to me tackling allsorts including an access cover that floods at least once a year knocking out about 6 houses at our end of the road and then a junction box on the end of our block of three houses which has been repaired at least 8 times since ive lived here (possibly with chewing gum or sticky tape) 😛
Lee