cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Feedback

kingkobra
Grafter

Positive Feedback

Just thought I would post some positive feedback about the Openreach engineers, as I guess many people dread their fibre install day just like I did.
The engineer was booked for between 8am and 1pm, and he telephoned me at about 8.10am, to ask if it was ok for him to go ahead and disconnect our phone line while he did his thing at the cabinet. About half an hour later he arrived at the house, and I asked if he would move out master socket into the room where the computer is. He was more than happy to do so. Left him to it, and about 30 mins later it was done and dusted, new master socket fitted, and the modem nicely mounted on the wall next to the socket. I just had to plug in the router and away it went. Just a shame I cant get the full whack 76Mb, but 33Mb is better than the 5Mb I got before. And FYI, he didnt need bribing with tea and biscuits, although they were offered Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Positive Feedback

Despite the 'many' posts regarding issues with Openreach, the engineers that install FTTC are, in my opinion, generally good, friendly and helpful.
The biggest problem seems to be when an engineer is not available when they should be (for whatever reason) and nobody informs the customer.
I have to say that my FTTC install experience was much like yours (and probably the vast majority) but that doesn't help the few that suffer missed appointments etc.
I think that if Openreach admin were as good as their engineers then things would be so much better all round.
Glad yours went as smoothly as mine though Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Positive Feedback

Thanks for taking the time to post some feedback for us about that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team