cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Sgc12
Dabbler

Re: Poor service

Smiley thanks Tony appreciated - knowing  BT they wont release anything - lets hope it does get resolved sooner rather than later.
Sgc12
Dabbler

Tony,
No change, even full system resets still have below 3G speeds. Even bought a new fibre router to discount my equipment been at fault....no change. I doubt btor did anything in the exchange let alone look at it. If they did it made no difference or bet they say no fault must be customer or plusnet end. Main cust service ticket updated with my thoughts. If no resolution to this within 48hrs I will be looking to take this further..... Contractual agreements I am sure are no longer been met by plusnet. Patience is as good as run out on my side.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I assume the obvious check your Current Line speed (Login required) has been done and matches the IP Profile from the BT Speedtester?
Perhaps I should also ask what Profile the BT Speedtester is giving?
Sgc12
Dabbler

Already done Anotherone - thanks.. One of the first things I did in fact in first instance it would not even connect...took an age to do so. This is work plusnet and btor should be doing and not me as a customer. They lucky my business is networking/it in a law firm  ;D. ip profile showing up as 6/4 profile...expected profile 80/20.
Anotherone
Champion

Engineer to the Cab then and with a spare modem in his pocket just in case!
Your line is OK is it, no noise on the phone?
Sgc12
Dabbler

Line is crystal clear no noise. Engineer came last Tuesday claimed all was ok after an over night international flight I just wanted sleep..shouldn't have let him go lol. Been nothing but a fight ever since.... Everything takes days to do systems always down and communications are just poor. I believe a few in Plusnet care but I think they are in the minority.
Anotherone
Champion

I think there is a lot that care, but the problems start at the top I'm afraid.
Sgc12
Dabbler

Smiley maybe
Sgc12
Dabbler

Monday morning...waiting on you PN..... Are you going to do me proud?  Nearly broke the tv last night when that advert came on!!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Tony's looking into this for you so I'll make sure that he updates the ticket. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
My apologies for the delay.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
I've been dealing with BTwholesale on your account for nearly two hours now and I'm not that much further forward to be honest.
Full details have been put on my ticket on your account (92830873). I know it's not the best news, but hopefully we can move forward.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Sgc12
Dabbler

Marty/ Tony
I appreciate your help.
Thanks noted... Notes added to the ticket... So it's probably dropped to the bottom of the pool  Smiley
I am back at work tomorrow so unless a pm visit possible today.... Best book it in asap and  tell bt to bring a new modem and be prepared not to leave till it is working. I've tried a new router, reset everything.. No joy. Only thing I can't change is the by modem and all the bt cabling.
Sgc12
Dabbler

BT engineer coming this am again.....let's see what happens  Roll_eyes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello SGC12,
Maybe I am pointing out the obvious here, but has no one offered to reset your IP Profile? If your profile is 6/4 then this would explain your limited service. I had a similar experience with my service (ADSL) and doing an extended test via the BT Wholesale site I saw that my profile had dropped. As we only have an ADSL (8MB) exchange where I live every byte counts, so I called +Net to bleat about it, and asked if I could have it reset.
Sure enough, it was reset and my service was restored.
I moved to +Net from BT Business Angry on a recommendation and in all fairness to +Net their service to me, has in most cases, been exceptional. However what I have noticed recently is a decline in the quality of service offered. In order to increase my bandwidth I've ordered another ADSL line (that I intend to bond with my existing one), but even though this was ordered nearly two weeks ago it is only scheduled to get enabled tomorrow. When I first joined the service was enabled days before it was expected.
Anyway, enough of my rambling. Looking forward to an update on this, I hope it goes well for you.
--
Mook
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Sgc12
Marty/ Tony

Autocorrect will be the death of me.  Grin
SGC12, keep me posted on the outcome today.
Hi mook, welcome to the forums Smiley
This was something that we looked into in the very early stages of SGC12's problem and unfortunately it didn't resolve it.
My apologies for the delay in your order.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet