Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Poor service

Hi MattyC,
Thank you for the Welcome, appreciated.
Weird that the profile reset didn't work, but then again I'm not a Telecoms Engineer. I'm looking forward to see how this issue is resolved.
There is no delay in my order as such, based on my original installation it is just taking longer than I expected (hoped). I've waited this long so I can wait till tomorrow.
--
Mook.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Mook.
Just FYI, Profile rests on FTTC cannot be carried out remotely by an ISP as they can on ADSL. It requires an OR engineer and OR are resistant to such things unless there are other obvious clear factors involved. An ISP can sometimes need to be very pushy to get it done.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi AnotherOne.
Thanks for the info I didn't actually know that, but at least learned something today.
I'd love FTTC myself but here in 'sticksville' it is a long time in coming.
--
Mook
Anotherone
Champion

I know the feeling  Wink
Sgc12
Dabbler

Update... Bt spent 3.5 hrs in my premises today,  I must say this guy was persistent professional and really probably the best engineer I have come across. After his initial tests he reset the profile and got my upload speeds to 18mb, dl speed 8mb, changed my router to a new one, used a new by hub, still no change so not the equipment I hand but left the new modem in situ,  he then routed a temp line from the cabinet to my house and instantly we had full 80/20. So he was on the phone to his team and btwholesale for a good hour trying everything. Managed to authorise a lift and shift for me, a rarity I do believe, new port new route etc from exchange to cabinet and to my house - this included new line card. Tried again and no joy, poor guy was shot by now and I was too. Then after ringing back to his team again he decided to ring PN, spoke to a person there (name withheld) who after verifying my account, turned round to him and replied my account was on the wrong profile, and reset it. He came off the phone and looked at me in disbelief,and said wished he rang them first!, gave me his mobile number and said he was going for lunch and if it's not working in an hour to call him. I waited 15mins rebooted my router and bingo 80/20. The engineer rang me back a short while later to ask how it was going, advised him all good and thanked him for his psi stance and patience, he was top notch, bT need to give him a pay rise.
PN I am not sure what to say really, but Tony Thompson has since spoken to me and will monitor the account/connection until early next week, the he and I will discuss this further.
Glad is resolved but such a long time to resolve it and to ensue PN kept me informed etc is just not on. I am convinced this could have been resolved earlier and I in my option PN need to review how they deal with customers and keep them informed and in the loop. Your ticket system needs a serious look at as well, a customer updateing it should not drop it to the bottom of the pool and staff should update it regularly..
Good to be back on the net 
Anotherone
Champion

Well good news that it's been resolved. But someone at Plusnet need to take a close look at what's gone on here and that should have been spotted earlier. Hopefully you've at least got a decent line out of it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
you appear to have been on a very circuitous route, for an issue that reading between the lines could have been fixed if someone was paying attention.
With all that said you are back online which is the important thing, here's hoping it lasts.
--
Mook
Sgc12
Dabbler

Thanks guys ..yes long winded and time consuming. Lol I good as have a complete new provision on new circuits etc. line is so clear unreal. So far it has been stable tho speeds have been bouncing up and down..guess whilst it stabilises. Yes I agree PN need to taker a closer look, I am pretty sure this could have been resolved a lot earlier. I am sure the low speed profile was there two weeks ago!
Let's hope it does last.....
Sgc12
Dabbler

Something I did learn is bt can only reset the "pipe profile" this is different to the account profile delivered by I think the b-ras "this is what the engineer called it, PN controls that and is the account profile. My issue lay there I think as opposed to any major bt fault and I think if there was a bt fault it was cleared very early in the process. I just know for the future that certain buzz words etc are required when speaking to PN lol and ensure they actually do it. Nowadays it appears you have to be tech savvy lol to ensure help desks help you.  Smiley