cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Start so far!

Joebhoy
Fixes: 1

Poor Start so far!

A company that blows its own trumpet about how good it is on customer service should try and live up to that. Moved from sky and wish I hadn't. Bad communications from email about engineer visit scheduled the day BEFORE I got the email. Internet down for a whole week till plusnet got me connected. Engineer came out and thought he was there to fix fault, told him to install modem. Speeds are considerably lower than Skys even though that was a lower bandwidth package (i don't mind that if its dealt with properly) - very poor start indeed.
2 REPLIES 2
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Poor Start so far!

Make sure you raise tickets for any issues you are having - the staff often man these forums during the weekend and evenings but it  isn't guaranteed.
How much slower are your speeds than before ? There is some troubleshooting info at the top of the FTTC / ADSL forums that you can have a flick through and post results on your thread.
Joebhoy
Fixes: 1

Re: Poor Start so far!

The speed tests seem to vary - from 11mb to 36mb - with sky I was on about 37mb constant, (but i'm on fibre plus now with plusnet so should be getting well into the 60s+70s)  - Also, sky never dropped the connection. Now I  see from this 'Toys r us' modem that the connection dropped yesterday. Thats a couple of times now. Also I can't now connect to my btguard VPN connection! Not once with sky did it ever fail to connect. I'm starting to think this was a horrible mistake that's going to take up way too much of my time dealing with this crap!