cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 month wait for Internet and end up with less than 1Mbs

Lanser

2 month wait for Internet and end up with less than 1Mbs

New house so ordered Fibre from plusnet on20th Feb usual wait for BT and booked engineer for 10th March the day we were moving in
28th told its not available on my line, several messages back and forth BT say it is Plusnet say it isnt the exchange i'm told I'm connected to changes continually
In the end I give in and order ADSL on 3rd March should expect a minimum of 6Mbs and the minute Fibre is available I can switch with the usual working days BS but given an activation date of 18th March, on the 19th no internet so contact Plusnet. Order stuck in system so promised to cancel and replace order with an expected completion of 31st March, no confirmation that order has cancelled so contact plusnet again on the 24th
Surprise the cancel was stuck in the system but plusnet won't do anything until the original estimated date so had to wait until new cancel request submitted this was submitted on the 31st with an expedited order new completion date 7th April.
Guess what happens next its Easter no one is working new expected completion date is 9th April and voila on the 10th April we finally get internet.
Happy Story? no actual speed is 0.97Mbs I discover that I am within 200 meters of 2 cabinets which BT are currently upgrading to Fibre however I am 100 meters from the exchange and apparently have an Exchange Only line and cannot expect fibre until 2018-2020.
During this saga I have spent 7 hours on the phone to Plusnet 90% on hold or  being transferred I have had numerous CST reps promise that they will phone back, personally monitor etc all detailed on the tickets but all have failed to do so.
I have been a loyal Plusnet customer for getting on for 10 years, I persuaded my sister and parents to move to plusnet and administer their accounts so must have paid plusnet over £5 grand but it all seems to count for nothing.
Now I'm just sitting at home taking it in turns to surf the web because it can't handle the 2 of us, the wifes pin money business has tanked she has to drive and use Costa Coffee's free wifi to upload/download anything
2 REPLIES 2
Lanser

Re: 2 month wait for Internet and end up with less than 1Mbs

Bit of line noise so reported a fault on the line on Monday, go through the troubleshooter follow all the instructions  and it agrees I have a problem that might affect speed and opens a support ticket.
Its now Friday and apart for a response asking me to do the checks I had already done as requested during the troubleshooter no replies to my follow up
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: 2 month wait for Internet and end up with less than 1Mbs

Hi Lanser,
This makes for poor reading, really sorry to see the problems that you have had. I'm investigating for you now and I will update this post shortly.

Right, it's a quick fix which is good news. You were provisioned onto the incorrect product. I've placed an order to change this round, and we should be sorted by Monday morning. From then, your speeds should be completely back up to scratch.
I'm going to take your case on, and offer you some form of goodwill. There's been a lot to feed back in your case, and you have been unfortunate. I'll look forward to discussing this with you internally.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet