cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pn help required for 90+ year old customer

amcclean
Rising Star

Pn help required for 90+ year old customer

My wive's gran uses pn for net and phone. 
It appears her number has been swapped and pn have no account registered to the number she called them from.
She Is In Suffolk we are in Glasgow she was on the phone for 1.5 hrs and was told there was nothing to be done.
We need a direct person at pn we can talk with from here who can get this sorted without having a 90 year old lady being flustered by things she cannot understand.
I can be contacted on the number registered against my account.  The account with the issues is on my referers list and ends in "ket"
17 REPLIES 17
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Pn help required for 90+ year old customer

While you are waiting for this to be picked up would it be possible for her to call 17070 and see if it is her number
amcclean
Rising Star

We have called her usual number and it goes to another persons answerphone.  She can call out but we can't call her.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. This sounds like a crossed line. I'd recommend running a line test by clicking on the following link
https://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/
(You'll need to login to the Member Centre first)
If it finds a fault, you can raise it directly to our suppliers (Openreach) for investigation. Alternatively, we'd need to speak to her in order to arrange an engineer visit.
I'm assuming that this isn't a provisioning issue, ie she hasn't just signed up and been allocated a different number?
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
amcclean
Rising Star

As mentioned we are hundreds of miles away.  Apparently the ticket has been updated to show a fix date of the 8th. Her number is dialling through to another house.  openreach have inadvertently caused a old lady alot of distress. 
amcclean
Rising Star

If you look at her account you'll see she has been with pn for years. 
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

If this doesn't get resolved or picked up by CRT over the weekend, I'll take a look at the account Monday morning for you.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
amcclean
Rising Star

Thank-you.  I take it you are able to identify the account in question. 
Podman
amcclean
Rising Star

I will pm you the username.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem. If you could, or the ticket number, and I'll see what I can do.
amcclean
Rising Star

Details sent via pm.
Thank you.
Podman
nadger
Rising Star

There should be some form of priority service for we oldies as phone line into house is an essential and could be life saving.
Some way of registering shouldn't be that difficult.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

http://www.btplc.com/Inclusion/ProductsAndServices/ServicesfromBT/Otherservices/index.htm
Or just go to BT who have the service all set up
They also have BT Basics for people requiring a telephone line and broadband but can't afford the cost
http://www.btplc.com/Inclusion/ProductsAndServices/BTBasic/index.htm
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
amcclean
Rising Star

Cheers,
I have passed on the site details.  Maybe pn could have a helpful link section with this type of info.
Podman
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: nadger
There should be some form of priority service for we oldies as phone line into house is an essential and could be life saving.
Some way of registering shouldn't be that difficult.
This has been discussed at length in the past; I was particularly interested as I had experience relating to my (now deceased) very elderly in-laws.
Fortunately they were with BT who do indeed have a good system for various aspects such as fault response, billing, communication etc.
Sadly PlusNet did not then, and as far as I'm aware still do not now, have similar processes.
If this is really important I would seriously recommend (and I can't see anyone at PlusNet objecting to this as they do not offer anything remotely equivalent) moving to BT and registering appropriately.
It might cost a tiny bit more but it's worth it for the peace of mind.
As a footnote, the lack of such systems for frail/elderly (or similarly disadvantaged) customers could well be considered age (or disability) discrimination in the provision of an essential service - would anyone at PlusNet care to comment on that?  Lips_are_sealed