cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet you are now taking the micky

pinkstuff

Plusnet you are now taking the micky

Heres a copy of an email i sent them 20 mins ago . . .
I'm so mad i thought i'd share my problem with you lot, because they say a problem shared is a problem halved.
Sounds a bit like my internet speed. No wait  . . . Sounds more like my internet access since changing address  ! ! !
This was a reply to a mail saying they will be taking my money by direct debit.

Until you can provide us with the service you are charging us for there will be no more money paid to your company.
Direct debit is suspended till further notice . . . .
The faster you fix things, the faster you get paid again. The service we have had from you in the last 6 months is of very poor quality.
We can't connect to the internet a lot of the time it just cuts off or gives us limited access. And you have the nerve to put the bill up by £5.00 extra for less internet, how do you figure that'd a good deal for us ?Huh
We asked for an engineer to come and look at things and you try and charge us for that too . .  [censored] ?
We want the bill put back to what it was 8 months ago and we want normal fast internet service resuming asap !
At our last address it was fine with no complaints and since we moved home theres been nothing but problems which are not our fault.
You are in breach of your contract and after speaking with trading standards  i believe i am within my rights to suspend payments till you fix your problem.
We may even contact watchdog to see what they have to say too.
Good honest broadband my link:censored!
adie:red all caps changed, title changed and avoidence of swear filter removed as per link:rules
6 REPLIES 6
brokenthumb
Grafter

Re: PLUSNET YOU ARE NOW TAKING THE PÍSS

Okies where to start?
Turn the Caps off, take a deep breath, and, describe the problem in a bit more detail.
So you've moved, that will entail a ten day training window, leave your router on 24/7
*puts on sunglasses, walks away*
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: PLUSNET YOU ARE NOW TAKING THE PÍSS

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_caps
If you modify your post so it is readable I'll read it to see if I can offer any advice.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet you are now taking the micky

pinkstuff,
I've just looked at your account and I can see you called in last night and it seems that we've diagnosed this as a router problem. Please let us know how you get on with the new one and we'll take things from there.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: pinkstuff
Direct debit is suspended till further notice . . . .

Not a good idea! If a billing fails your account will be suspended and you will have no internet until payment is made.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

pinkstuff,
re what jelv mentions, don't worry about that yet as your billing date is a few weeks away. However it might be an idea to set up a new DD mandate as soon as this is resolved just to make sure payments aren't missed and that your service isn't interrupted.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
However it might be an idea to set up a new DD mandate as soon as this is resolved just to make sure payments aren't missed and that your service isn't interrupted.

Also worth bearing in mind is the fact that the mandate is likely to take up to a couple of weeks to set up following submission of your bank account details.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵