cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet worse then BT

rubytuesday17

Plusnet worse then BT

I thought BT was the worst company in the world until I stupidly signed up to Plusnet!!
Poor customer service and unreliable broadband from BT prompted me to go with Plusnet with their false advertising .
Now left with no broadband at all and false promises from Plusnet that they would call me yesterday to resolve the problem .
I started a new job that is home based and receive work via email and required a large , fast download and reliable which BT could not supply.
I started the job on 1st Sept and now face the sack as can not work from home .I am having to do a 136 mile round trip to main offices to work . Not good and costing me £100 a week in fuel and 3 1/2 hrs driving.
I dought Plusnet will pay for my fuel or time or find me a new job.
Biggest mess I have ever experienced.
Just to top the pile of brown stuff , I found out that BT own Plusnet , so it becomes clear that if you add one pile of rubbish to another pile of rubbish you end up with a this.
I posted on here before about Plusnet and have seen negative posts deleted by the admin, well I am spreading the word about Plusnet via any media possible about how they treat people and false advertising.
As soon as I can I am off to someone else.
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Plusnet worse then BT

Why do you have no broadband?
If you had unreliable broadband with BT, then moving to another non-LLU ISP was unlikely to help as they all use the same equipment/network.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: rubytuesday17
I posted on here before about Plusnet and have seen negative posts deleted by the admin, well I am spreading the word about Plusnet via any media possible about how they treat people and false advertising.

The only time I've ever seen the Moderators remove comments is when they are attacking other members, trolling or use of foul or derogatory language. Genuine feedback good or bad stays.
Reading your other post where you say that BT have said your phone line is worn out and poor quality will back up AndyH's comment above which means that *any* ISP who provides internet to your house will run into the same problems as they have to use the same wires to your house. The only exception to this is Virgin Media but *only* if you are in a cabled area and they don't use your existing telephone lines to provide their service.
The good news is that you have a better chance with Plusnet than many other ISP's to get your issue sorted but again, they are reliant on BT Openreach engineers to fix any cabling issues. BT Openreach effectively own this cable to your house and they are the only ones allowed to work on it (and don't we all know how much that sucks !).
My neighbour had a similar issue and his work ended up paying over £1000 for a new line to be pulled to his house and he was somehow connected to a non BT ISP (this was many years ago).
If you work with Plusnet on getting this sorted then you may manage to get your issue resolved. Do your neighbours have the same issues ?
In the interim, have you considered using a 3g or 4g type device ? Not the cheapest of options but depending on the data usage you need, it may be easier for you than the travel / fuel etc.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for speaking with me this morning rubytuesday17.
As discussed, we'll be getting someone out for you on Friday afternoon. I'll call you tomorrow to check this is still ok with you.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
GD
Dabbler

Just backing up all customers who are being treated badly by Plusnet.  I'm another one who just CANNOT get decent service, either broadband or customer service!
Why do Plusnet insist on ignoring customers and treating them awfully?  The only time things get sorted are when I keep on calling and kicking up a constant fuss.  I should not have to be doing this.
picbits
Rising Star

@Ruby - how did the engineer visit go ?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi,
I thought I'd update everybody on this one as it's certainly been an interesting journey.
rubytuesday17 signed up with us for fibre optic. The first engineer came out and left him with absolutely nothing on the 8th. However from our side they signed off the order as if it had completed.
I booked in an engineer appointment for last Friday to treat the issue as if it was a fault, but nobody turned up. I've not looked into this in depth too much yet, but it seems that the reasons for this are more likely to be clerical than laziness.
Luckily his wife called in straight away and we managed to get somebody to come out the next day (Saturday 13th).
The engineer was apparently absolutely brilliant, and sorted everything out. It turns out that the previous fibre engineer never even connected the rubytuesday17 to the DSLAM. In essence, someone forgot to switch him on. However, he also called for a cherry picker as his line goes through a tree, to prevent it from being tangled any further than it already was.
@rubytuesday17 - Thanks for speaking with me today. I'll send you a debrief on ticket: 91275702
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
picbits
Rising Star

Good to hear back with some positive news Matty Smiley