cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet support contact email address

nigeldodd
Hooked

Re: Plusnet support contact email address

There are many benefits to the customer of using standard email. It is a universal medium.

Plusnet says it does not like email because of misuse. However there are workarounds to this.

Plusnet wants you to use its protocols for communication. They don't necessarily suit the customer. They don't suit me. I certainly won't waste my time on the phone listening to Plusnet propaganda or their choice of music. Neither do I wish to use a chat system or sms text - for me they are impractical for various obvious reasons.

Please, Plusnet, provide an email (or issue a cryptic email to anybody who requests it so you don't get spammed). Simples.

nigeldodd
Hooked

I just got the following when trying their online technical support chat:

"Sorry a Plusnet chat agent isn’t available at the minute, please refresh the page to try again. Chat is available 7 days a week from 7.30am – 10pm.

This was 5pm on a weekday. 

The alternative is to phone and wait and wait and wait while being forced to listen to Plusnet propaganda and bad music. Yesterday it took 15 minutes of this. I cannot afford this waste of time. 

Hence my request to Plusnet that they adopt email support like many other organisations.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@nigeldodd wrote:

There are many benefits to the customer of using standard email. It is a universal medium.

Please, Plusnet, provide an email (or issue a cryptic email to anybody who requests it so you don't get spammed). Simples.

There are no benefits to the customer of using an email system.  PlusNet have claimed that is because it has no integration with the Customer Records management System (CRMS) which is the central place where one would want to hold all records of client contact.  I for one fully agree with that sentiment.

Which brings one to the nemesis of such sentiments ... all of the "gossip level" support delivered over social media channels - without a substantial amount of effort there is no recording with the CMRS and where it does happen the oh so very useful support ticket system is used .... which is not now available to residential users for raising support requests.

The right answer to your plea is to have full access to the ticket system reinstated for residential users.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

decomplexity
Rising Star

The right answer to your plea is to have full access to the ticket system reinstated for residential users.

Exactly!

There is an assumption by PN that all callers:

- have the same level of technical knowledge

- have the same competence in spoken and written English

- prefer to communicate interactively

- are trying to resolve a problem of a 'standard' level of difficulty that needs a 'standard' level of response

and that all CS reps have the same experience in every facet of each PN product

The real world - the world the PN customer lives in - is not so stereotyped or clear cut.

As a PN business user (but shortly to be an ex-user) I have always tried to use a method of contact appropriate to the problem: if broadband will sync but cannot start a session I ring. If the problem has a lot of related technical detail, I raise a ticket. That split suits me (and I imagine PN as well) but I don't then assume that everyone works the same way as I do.

Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

As a business user you still have full access to the ticketing system - it can be found under the "Contact us" link in the user portal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kz1qrt

and that the chat system is active when you need it (8.00 p.m.  - it currently isn't)
and that there isn't a 45-minute wait on calls. (as at 8.00 pm tonight).
I have tried to pay an outstanding bill for over a week now and:
1. you cannot do it through chat,
2. the advertised "/pay" web page doesn't exist
3. and telephone wait times have NEVER been less than 9 minutes.

So what next  .. Mr Customer Service PlusNet.???????
Can I invoice you for all my wasted time to date.... should just about cover my outstanding bill, so we will call it quits eh? No! -  thought not.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're having problems getting through to us.

The www.plus.net/pay webpage doesn't work for one off payments/invoices.

if you contact our billing team on the direct, dedicated number that was sent to you via email and text as per this ticket you should get through to them with very little wait time.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bemee1

Email works better than your chat bubbles. It is more convenient and provides a documented trail of what you have promised. No one ever seems to answer your phones. Get a spam filter and be more effective.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Email is not everything you claim it to be, which is expressly why it's not used. What needs to happen is the reinstatement of the CRMS linked ticket system which does everything you suggest email would deliver.

kz1qrt

Strange that I VERY rarely have problems communicating with companies that put email as one of their primary contact facilities.
It may not be perfect but it is a darn sight better than the current contact methods that PlusNet use.
You may be underestimating the value of a written trail of conversations that have taken place between supplier and customer.
Many companies don't like this trail because they can then deny what has been said if it suits them to do so.

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

+1 for the ticket system - it's the only professional way.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@kz1qrt,

The point about the ticketing system approach is that EVERYTHING is intrinsically linked to your account and readily available to all support agents. The same cannot be said of email solutions ... without wrapping other supporting technology around the email service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@bemee1

Anything we can help with on here?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anon
Pro

Whilst this may have been a specific question, because of the comments, the answer from us all would be

BRING BACK TICKETS

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Cricketers

That's all very well, but chat is unavailable, and there is a 30 minute wait on the phone

For a company that prides itself on customer service that's not very good

How do I resolve a technical issue I'm having?