cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet staff training

johnalambert

Plusnet staff training

I was very dismayed to discover that my broadband account has been cancelled without warning.
I spoke to a customer adviser who informed me that I had been emailed regarding same.  I searched my email inboxes for correspondence from plusnet.  The only emails from Plusnet were adverts.  
I was furious so asked to speak to a supervisor. 
Having explained to the supervisor that I had not received the "click to continue browsing prompt" as I usually do, and pay the outstanding balance on my payday.  The supervisor stated that this was impossible, implying that I was lying.  I took exception to this and aired my views.  From then the supervisor started saying."hello...hello", as if he couldn't hear me.
I request that the recording of the call be listened to by his senior.  If I can be heard on the call recording, this proves that the supervisor was deliberately implying that he couldn't hear me, when he could.
This is not acceptable customer service, the supervisor is not doing his job, and requires retraining.

In the meantime I am having to use mobile data to connect to the internet at considerable cost.

Until now I have had no complaint with Plusnet, however this time I believe that I have substantial grounds for complaint, and I look forward to hearing the results of Plusnet's investigation.

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Plusnet staff training

Welcome to the forum @johnalambert

I would recommend logging a written complaint as these forums are not an official support or complaints channel.

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

For future reference a link to it is shown at the bottom of every webpage as "Complaints Code of Practice"

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Good morning John,

A warm welcome to the forums.  This is a recognised support channel (at least no less recognised than twitface) though as per the above not a complaints channel.

Your case is very unfortunate: what you were advised by the agent is perfectly correct - that is how things should work normally. HOWEVER some processes are at the moment being run differently and it would appear that some agents are not aware of the current exception conditions.  Your experience reflects a drop out from the current exception condition processing.

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Chase status

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @johnalambert,

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the manner your call was handled and that you did not receive the 'prompt alert' regarding an outstanding balance that is due.

I have looked into your account and responded to your query via a ticket.

You can view my response by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.