Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet should block emails sent to BT users

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Plusnet should block emails sent to BT users

BT are at it again! https://nodpi.org/2011/08/13/bt-still-hooked-on-the-snooping-habit/
Before forwarding an email sent by a Plusnet user to any btinternet.com or btopenworld.com address Plusnet should ensure that both the sender and the recipient have consented to the communications being intercepted and analysed by BT's email system "to enable delivery of enhanced product features (such as applications to handle attachments)" to the BT user. To not do so runs the risk of Plusnet being complicit in the breaking of RIPA 2000 Section 1, and Section 3 (1)&(2) as amended in May 2011 by the Regulation of Investigatory Powers (Monetary Penalty Notices and Consents for Interceptions) Regulations 2011, Section 3.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet should block emails sent to BT users

Thanks for making aware of this jelv, I'll make sure the appropriate people are informed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Heloman
Grafter

Re: Plusnet should block emails sent to BT users

There's been a good discussion of this on the GRC privacy Ng.
A  BTInternet user with the apt nym of "phormaverse" has  written to BT asking for all their employees to confirm to him
that they know about the interception of any emails they send to or receive from him!
http://12078.net/grcnews/article.php?id=51885&group=grc.privacy#51885
(This is a read-only webfeed of the NG)