cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet provides the worst customer service that I have ever experienced!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet provides the worst customer service that I have ever experienced!

Thanks for the update, I'm just waiting on the full notes from the engineer visit coming through from this side, I'll update you as soon as that comes through.
Apart from that we just need to keep a close eye on things over the next 24 hours to see how things pan out with regards to connection stability.
I'll add some logs to your ticket shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
joncar
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Is there any way to speed the process of removing the speed cap on this line?
I'm slightly concerned at these results. Speed really is slowest I've ever known
Test1 comprises of two tests
1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
28 Kbps

0 Kbps 250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 28 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 100-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :288 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 1.02:34.41:65.29 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes. 
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
297 Kbps

0 Kbps 448 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 297 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 448 Kbps
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The bad news is that it's not a cap we can remove, its there due to the previous problems you've had with a dropping connection.
The good news is that your connection is stable again (its been up well over 24 hours) and means your speeds should uplift over the weekend back to what they were.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
joncar
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Can you please clarify which weekend you were referring to. There is no change to the line today, it is firmly stuck at 280k sync
The fault was on the cable. On the last engineer visit the cable was changed to utilise a spare pair. so there should be no reason now to have an enforced speed cap.
On the first visit no changes to the wiring were made however the cap was removed immediately, but because the fault had not been resolved the line soon dropped back to very low connection speeds
Surely you can help here please
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Surely you can help here please

Absolutely, and don't worry we're far from exhausting what can be done about problems like this. The connection didn't remain stable over the weekend unfortunately which is why the speeds are still low. I've initiated an SNR reset so lets see how that goes (should take a couple of hours at least). If that doesn't help we'll get the fault report back with our suppliers.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
joncar
Dabbler

Hi
For the first time in nearly 2 months I have a slighly better feeling about this now
my sync speed has now gone up to 2656k which is about the best it has ever been. The line is definitely much more stable now. The resyncs at the weekend were due to manual reset of router and not random dropouts
thank you for sorting that out this morning
Jon
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

my sync speed has now gone up to 2656k
Don't get too excited yet! Wink Also I'd avoid rebooting to give your line the best chance.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
joncar
Dabbler

I'm not but it's a step in the right direction. The profile however  is still at 250k and I guess it will be another 3 days for that to go up again
However , I think that there is still a problem on the line itself . When the line is in use (phone conversation)  the SNR drops away from a stable 6db to 2 or 3db .  Normally that should not be affected? This would normally cause sync to be lost, however I'm guessing interleaving is holding the line up
joncar
Dabbler

Hi,
Profile is now at 2000k
SNR still drops with phone use. doesn't drop line however. Line reset last night on it's own.  What is the next step now?
Jon
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear that Jon,
I'm passing the fault report back to BT wholesale as your connection is still dropping out every few minutes.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
joncar
Dabbler

I'm just wondering if anyone is still there?
seem to have fallen into a black hole once again
Jon
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
Sorry for the delayed response. I can see that a lift and shift carried out after the engineer visit seems to have stabilised things and you've been online for over 5 days now. Any grumbles from your side?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team