Did you mean: 

Plusnet not fit for purpose!

FIXED
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Plusnet not fit for purpose!

@itwashimnotme

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your connection. I'd like to help you resolve the problem but first we need to run a few tests to find out what the problem is.

I can see that @HarryB has already tried to help you with these checks and that you have been unwilling to help.

@itwashimnotme wrote:
A hard connection is not feasable because the signal would be corrupted as the master socket is located next to my TV.

Please help us help you.

We're not suggesting it as a long term solution, we're simply requesting you test using a wired connection to try and rule out the problems being specific to wireless.

If a wired connection is going to be corrupted due to location, it's likely a wireless signal will also experience interference if it's coming from the same place. Is your router connected to the master socket?

We need your help to enable us to help you.

Would you now  be willing to run through some tests so we can help identify the problem and begin work trying to fix it?

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Anon
Pro

With what they have done they deserve not to get a penny.

Good luck to you.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
itwashimnotme
Rising Star

JonoH,

"I can see that harryB has already tried to help you with these checks and that you have been unwilling to help"

That's right plusnet blame the customer again!

Plusnet first tried to convince me that there was no problem attall because their line checks indicated that i was receiving speeds of over 10mbps into my home, when in the real world i was and still am routinely getting less than half of that.

There next attempt to deflect blame away from their dire product was to encourage me to purchase a new router. Was that a veilled admission that their own bundled router is nothing more than a cheap bit of tat that is not up to the task?

So, what if i were to go out and spend £50 or £100 on an all singing all dancing new router but then find that the issue remains? will pcworld refund me? no of course not but it has ruled out (at my expense) another potential cause for my diabolical data experience on plusnet.

Lastly plusnet requested that i try a hard connection using the master socket etc however that bit of wisdom only came after they had tried to convince me that firstly there was no actual problem followed by their attempt to convince me to buy for myself an expensive new router.

Then plusnet decided to move this my broadband thread... err... about broadband) to the much less frequented backwater here in the feedback forum presumably to reduce the number of folks that will actually read it.

Graeme

JonoH
Hero

@itwashimnotme, These checks are designed to help us identify the issue so that we know what to do to try to resolve it.

I'm happy to help you in any way I can but we need to complete these checks to continue.

This is standard procedure in every fault investigation, should you change your mind and like assistance in completing these checks please use the help link below or contact me here.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

Thanks

Jono H
itwashimnotme
Rising Star

I will be setting up a hard connection shortly...

If that also fails to resolve my issue then i will also be deleting my 2nd direct debit to plusnet - mobile phone) which will be a shame because thus far plusnet mobile has been fantastic!

Time is against me so it's school run first - on my return i will setup the hard connection.

JonoH
Hero

I've tried to contact you today on the phone to discuss you're fault, unfortunately you were unavailable.

I've raised a ticket onto your account explaining what we are doing to resolve your issues.

Thanks

Jono H
itwashimnotme
Rising Star

Now connected to master socket as advised.

1st speed test result 9.91mbps - YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (upload speed 2.3mbps)

2nd speed test result 8.85mbps - still gets a YIPEEEEEEEEE! (upload speed 2.4mbps)

3rd speed test result 10.41mbps - GET IN THERE YOU LITTLE BEAUTY !!! (upload speed 2.8mbps)

itwashimnotme
Rising Star

@JonoH,

As you can see by the above speed tests my data speeds have improved greatly.

I can now watch YouTube without buffering, Mrs itwashimnotme can listen to her radio stations from back home(Thailand)

And the kids can also connect to do their homework (play games).

Happy days!

(can you assist in re installing my DD please).

Graeme

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

Good to hear that the master socket has resolved the issue!

You can reinstate the DD here: https://portal.plus.net/apps/paymentdetails/manage

We'll leave the phone fault open for now and let Openreach fix whatever issue they've detected externally.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
itwashimnotme
Rising Star

Happy to make a debit card payment too if that helps as plusnet were unable to collect a direct debit payment from my bank yesterday due to my cancelling it the other day.

Please advise...

Graeme

Chris
Legend

Unfortunately we need to allow time for the payment to fail before we can do that. Once it does, you'll receive notification via email and you should be able to pay at www.plus.net/pay

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
neilthomas59
Dabbler

i agree with you ,i just want to grab that craig murry and shove those spoons where the sun dont shine

neilthomas59
Dabbler

dont come on here saying i haven't tried all what harryb have said ive done it all the test,i read on here on another complaint that you blame every body else apart from yourselves ,which is true,ive done all the test and i get a great signal on the phone line.....but i still lost connection 10 times thursday night

Chris
Legend

Hi Neil, I've replied to your own thread regarding your connection problems: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/broadband/m-p/1411058#M75789