cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband

neilthomas59
Dabbler

broadband

the worst internet supplier ive ever been with,in bad weather,sorry a little bit of rain the internet  connection fails,this happens a least 4or five times a week and 4or five times a day,says on plusnet website to enter code number ,when you do that it says not connected I KNOW THAT THATS WHY IM PUTTING THE CODE IN..you just have to wait till it reconnects which can be 4 or 5 minutes then goes back off,now there saying the price is going up for what poor service cant wait til my contract to be up so i can go back to talk talk....if i could talk to craig murry i would tell him what a poor company hes representing or shove those spoons where they dont shine..

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: broadband

@neilthomas59 - If you’re getting faults when the weather is bad then that would more than likely happen regardless of the provider. As it’s weather related the implication is that the fault is outside of your home and the exchange making this an Open Reach issue.

You might want to take the time out to phone in and get a fault raised and if you’re having issues now then it’s a good time to do it as it may well show up in the tests.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your line dropped out quite a bit on Friday, however it's only dropped 1 or 2 times maximum a day since. Are you seeing more disconnections than this?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

1 or 2 times a day is still 1 or 2 times too many.
rather than ask if there are more why aren't you raising a fault ticket?
Chris
Legend

I'm asking as if they are seeing more than those, it suggests it's not the line dropping out but the local connection (maybe wifi).

Also 1 disconnection a day would not be classed as a fault by our suppliers, and we ask customers to report faults if required (https://faults.plus.net) to ensure the tests are gone through.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

so 1 disconnection occurring every day for a period of time is not classed as a fault?
how many disconnections needs to happen before your "suppliers" deem it as a fault?
do plusnet class it a fault regardless of what your "suppliers" think?
Chris
Legend

Personally I'd prefer to see less disconnections, however I'd also like to know whether the disconnections are on the line or local (hence my previous questions).

I believe the thresholds for an intermittent connection are 3 or more drops in 24 hours, 6 or more in 72 hours.

neilthomas59
Dabbler

e-mailed plusnet and they said disconnecting 1 is not classed as a fault what about 5times today 02/02/2017 phoned as plusnet suggested auto voice says call time 13minutes,must be a lot of unhappy costumers,than a voice says go to fault procedure on wifi......augggggg wifi down

neilthomas59
Dabbler

thats great on line for 2days... what about the other 5days im paying for....

neilthomas59
Dabbler

and do you think thats acceptable...

neilthomas59
Dabbler

how about going off 8times to night is that acceptable please put that reading on here of 02/02/2017......if you dare

neilthomas59
Dabbler

ive phone plusnet up and they says there a 30min wait so you must have a lot of faults and the 1 vioice says go on line god i wish i could .gone again this is the ninth time today,look at the graph for 02/02/2017

neilthomas59
Dabbler

this is the 8th time today 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Copying this from another post, but: Have you done the basics, plug a phone into the test socket if you have one, with a corded phone do the quiet line test - there are lots of descriptions on how to do this, but this one seems comprehensive..
If you get any noise this will impact your broadband, and you will need to get your phone provider to sort that fault first. If you have done this it will prove that the fault is not caused by your internal wiring or equipment and therefore should not get charged.
Have a look over on the Help section and do the basic checks, start with the phone, and move to Broadband if the phone side is clear.

Chris
Legend

The 'online for 2 days' part of the graph is the period without a disconnection. All of the solid purple is online, the lines are disconnections which have come back up straight away.

Your line does appear to have been disconnecting a lot more again over the last couple of days:

I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net