cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet has forgotten me

jamesl182d
Dabbler

Plusnet has forgotten me

It wasn't until 1.5 months after my initial order that we got a stable connection - we finally have internet.
We're still not receiving close to our advertised speed, despite finally having a line capable of delivering it, and I can't seem to maintain Plusnet's attention on this forum. My last message (link below) seems to have been ignored. At the very least, I've not been updated at all.
Our line is achieving a top-end of 7mb as opposed to our advertised 15-19mb speed. It fluctuates a lot but it doesn't seem to have ever achieved 15mb. I'm concerned that if we start this low, it will be more likely to cut out during peak times.
I have no interest in posting to this forum but I want my 15mb. Could someone please re-engage and look into this as promised?
James
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=133010.0
9 REPLIES 9
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet has forgotten me

Hi James,
Running speedtests on an iPad isn't a particularly good way of determining if you have speed issues.  Townman pointed you to a link with instructions on how to obtain performance stats from your router to help diagnose whether the problem lies with you connection to the exchange, a problem with the exchange backhaul or a local problem with your router.  I'd suggest following the steps suggested to help get you more advice.
jamesl182d
Dabbler

Part of my point with previous post is that Plusnet reps have been helping me and now they aren't. They have my data at their fingertips.
It's not a perfect tool but I don't think the speed checker is massively inaccurate - it's matched all of Plusnet's tests so far, give or take 50kb.
Re diagnosis - I'll give this a crack at home but I'd rather hear from my supplier. Even if I'm wrong, I'd rather hear from Plusnet than from third parties.
James
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi James,
I'll have a look at this and will update you shortly via ticket correspondence. Really sorry for the inconvenience.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi James,
I have gotten expert picking up your account, who will keep ownership until we can get this resolved.
Previously, we reset your line and you are still in the training period. Bit of a weird one as your predicted speeds have changed as per the DSL checker, but we think you're still capable of at least 15mb.
Ticket: 93765741 refers.
Sorry that this is taking longer than we'd have hoped.
Matty
jamesl182d
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
Many thanks for your efforts. I'll give it a couple more days and let you know how it goes.
James
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks James.
I'll look forward to the feedback. I'm good friends with the guy whose overseeing your account so I'll give him a nudge on Friday afternoon if you haven't heard anything.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to update the old thread, but you should have an update on your ticket today James.
Thanks,
Matty
jamesl182d
Dabbler

Just had a look - all makes sense. We'll see how it goes.
Thanks for updating,
James
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: jamesl182d
I'd rather hear from Plusnet than from third parties.

Hi James,
Something to reflect on... this is a COMMUNITY forum where there are "third parties" with a vast range of experience, sometimes, in some ares better than those of the excellent CRT staff.  On numerous occasions, it is the tips or questions from "third parties" which point to the source of an issue.
Further "third parties" often have more time available to focus on the rather difficult issues if the requested information is provided by the end user.  In a lot of speed issues, it is the end user's domain (wiring / equipment) which is at fault and in such circumstances resolution is not within PlusNet's remit and guidance from "third parties" becomes the best route to resolution.
Anyhow, it is good to know that the issue appears to have been rectified.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.