Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet gone downhill?

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Plusnet gone downhill?

I've been a Plusnet customer for for over a year and before that I was with BT, before I switched to BT I was with Plusnet for 2 years.
In the 2 years before BT, Plusnet had a incredibly good reputation of customer service, 24/7 customer service, fast responses to raised tickets and a very friendly approach.  I made a mistake of switching to BT.  I then returned to Plusnet due to the positive experience and good value.  The first few months, things started to change, 24/7 customer service had been stopped in favour for the 10PM finish.  Ticketing system gradually being removed visibly from Plusnet website.  Plusnet then seemed to be shifting away from customer service point of view and focussing on price  Undecided
Whilst things remained good, more customers seemed to join Plusnet due to the extensive media advertising, however the downside was that, customer support lines became a nightmare with typically waiting over half an hour.  The customer support line stats seemed inaccurate and staff were more rushed.  I honestly don't blame the call centre staff as they're having to deal with more calls.  Internet services seemed to be having more faults such as DNS issues, speed slow downs, the lot.  I expected Plusnet to find these underlying issues and increase capacity. 
Broadband packages have also changed to match TalkTalk's pricing structure, people don't really want huge discounted broadband such as 18 months free.  You changed fibre extra's upload speed from 20mb and decreased it 10 times to 2mb  Cry Plusnet was a very unique provider which was in the middle of a discounted broadband provider like TalkTalk and a premium provider such as BT.  This gave customers the flexibility of enjoying a good provider and not having ultra cheap prices but also not paying whack on ßextortionate prices.  Roll_eyes
However it is a shame that Plusnet has become a 'cheaper' provider, I just hope Plusnet don't go further downhill and turn into a TalkTalk business model which are already showing signs for.
A valued customer,
NE  Smiley
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
11 REPLIES 11
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Re: Plusnet gone downhill?

Quote from: NorthEasterner
people don't really want huge discounted broadband such as 18 months free.

Whilst I don't disagree with your sentiment, increases in customer numbers would not back up your statement (sadly I might add).
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

In Plusnet's defence I do think that things have improved over the past couple of months. There is a big decrease in the number of complaints on this excellent forum & earlier this week I made contact with customer support without any delay on answering my call.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

I really think Plusnet is not far from being an outstanding provider in the value broadband market. They just need to resolve the recurring problems such as customer support issues, peak time congestion, not advising when OR change things, and messing up customers orders (from the PN side).
I know that is quite a long list, but I think the customer support issue is the biggest problem. Get that sorted and they could be well on their way to being great again. I thought they were fantastic when I first joined.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: jafreer
Whilst I don't disagree with your sentiment, increases in customer numbers would not back up your statement (sadly I might add).

But are the numbers still increasing? We don't know since they removed the graph showing the number of users on line. Could the reason they hid them be that things were starting to go in the wrong direction?
What we do see is increasingly mad offers. This is a classic sign of a sales department failing to reach their targets and getting more desperate.
I'd hate to see what Plusnet's churn rate is now - I'm betting it's pretty bad!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
alegeek
Grafter

I'd say the insane deals are more about competing with talktalk and sky than not hitting targets.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: spoon
But are the numbers still increasing?

Whether they are still increasing or not I don't know, but I think the biggest indicator that they have increased are the longer wait times.
roberto2212
Grafter

Just one a word : BAD COMPANY AND NOT RECOMMENDED... Angry Angry Sad Sad
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: NorthEasterner
people don't really want huge discounted broadband such as 18 months free.

Agreed but they're mostly taken in by the UK support etc however the offers are there but are they permanent as 18 months comes to an end some point.  I would rather pay more than TT but less than BT.
I really think Plusnet is not far from being an outstanding provider in the value broadband market. They just need to resolve the recurring problems such as customer support issues, peak time congestion, not advising when OR change things, and messing up customers orders (from the PN side).
I know that is quite a long list, but I think the customer support issue is the biggest problem. Get that sorted and they could be well on their way to being great again. I thought they were fantastic when I first joined.

This is the main gripes is Plusnet's comms and not informing customers of issues etc.

But are the numbers still increasing? We don't know since they removed the graph showing the number of users on line. Could the reason they hid them be that things were starting to go in the wrong direction?
What we do see is increasingly mad offers. This is a classic sign of a sales department failing to reach their targets and getting more desperate.
I'd hate to see what Plusnet's churn rate is now - I'm betting it's pretty bad!

Completely agree with you and the adverts and offers are now getting to me. I preferred the older style adverts.
But are the numbers still increasing?

Whether they are still increasing or not I don't know, but I think the biggest indicator that they have increased are the longer wait times.

Definitely
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

It's mainly the poor quality of support that's done it for me.
Leaving on Friday.  Cheesy Cheesy
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Leaving on Friday

So long, it's been good to know you. Roll_eyes
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Quote from: npr
It's mainly the poor quality of support that's done it for me.
Leaving on Friday.   Cheesy Cheesy

That's sad news when a veteran like you departs ... Hope you will stay around this forum?  Thank you for your help in times past!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.