cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet customer service shortcomings

ArthurDent
Grafter

Plusnet customer service shortcomings

I've been with PN for nearly two years, and have found the individual blokes polite and helpful. However . . .
It seems difficult to get back to the person you had contact with last time on the specific query or fault. Doesn't seem to matter whether you raise a Q through the website or whether you actually speak to someone after wading through 0800 432  0200. Now I do appreciate that they make notes about every event and that telephone contacts are recorded. However I've just experienced a frustrating situation in which various guys aren't singing from the same hymn sheet. It's led to misunderstanding about my proposed upgrade from ADSL to fibre. Spoke with one very helpful guy for way over half an hour, and he did give me his extension number, but no doubt he works shifts and in any case I couldn't get through. I suppose the current set-up is perceived as making the best use of available personnel.
Another point is that there doesn't appear to be an escalation to management procedure where you feel a genuine need. Yes, I did try!
The net result, however, is that I feel I must go back to talking with competitive Virgin Media (with my tail between my legs), or get a MAC to transfer to a different ISP (which I recognise will cost me more). In either case I'll be into PN's early termination charges.
It's a great pity.
5 REPLIES 5
Razorback
Grafter

Re: Plusnet customer service shortcomings

Unfortunately it is not just Plusnet. In the current world of the call centre it is very rare you get to speak with the same person more than once. It was interesting though when I left BT I submitted  a few complains due to their incompetence, each time I was called back by the same person.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Razorback,
May be the reason that you were called back by the same person each time is that your account was flagged as being handled by the complaints department.
@AuthurDent,
PlusNet's complaints process is described here - http://www.plus.net/support/service/code_of_practice.shtml#howToComplain
In discussing the upgrade, were you talking to support or "cancellations"?  The latter is the team who can do deals for existing users, is a smaller team (so there is a chance of speaking with the same person) and their queues are shorter.  However the desk is "shift" covered so there can be no assurance that the person you spoke with "yesterday" will be there "tomorrow" nor for that matter free just when you phone back.  Also consider that whilst you sit on line waiting for that person to become free, you are preventing another user form getting through.
See here http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/ for all contact numbers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ArthurDent
Grafter

Thanks both!
I did hack through the 1,2,3 business to cancellations. After a guy who said he would call me back a few days later seemed to de-materialise, someone from that dept kindly spent thirty or forty minutes helping me. Since then it's all gone pear-shaped. Perhaps my fault, actually, because I made the mistake of trying to  respond on-line to his on-line confirmation (in a Q) of some info. 
As regards 'whilst you sit on line waiting for that person to become free, you are preventing another user from getting through', well, sorry, but I feel that's a problem for PN to solve, not me.
Haven't considered the official complaints route, which seems heavy-handed for this. Certainly wouldn't get involved with OffToss.
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi  ArthurDent
I'm very sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced with your connection.
I will have a look into the account for you to see if I can resolve the issue at hand for you without any need to contact our call centre, however, If you have any concerns, don't hesitate to drop me a PM
Regards
Matt
ArthurDent
Grafter

Thank Matt. Have PMed as requested.