Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet against pensioners?.

subsync
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet against pensioners?.

Quote from: PeterLoftus
@subsync ... Troll off and annoy someone else  Angry

Really? you think I'm making this up to troll? I haven't posted the half of what I've just been through with plusnet. I put up relevant information in regards to how pensioners are treated, and what to expect from plusnet when it goes wrong.
Forewarned is forearmed.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

My constructive sujjestion is to start your own thread describe your mother's problem and see what help you get  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@subsync
As Peter has said start your own thread. None of us support bad service from Plusnet. Posting practical help for a user where possible is always the best thing to do - did you actually read the Library article? It is quite detailed and my previous experience shows that anyone who has a problem with whatever help they are offered usually posts back for more help.
And as I said in the previous post, discouraging anyone from not complaining is not acceptable, and perhaps I should point out that unless you give any company that you have dealings with, a reasonable opportunity to put right whatever has gone wrong, your rights are seriously diminished and you certainly won't have recourse to Ombusdman Services unless you have followed the Complaints procedure.
Back on topic, I hope TheFlyingMouse and derfledermause had successful instals.
Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: subsync
I put up relevant information in regards to how pensioners are treated, and what to expect from plusnet when it goes wrong.

I believe that is an absurd generality.
I am also a 78 yr old disabled  pensioner, and have experienced nothing but excellent help and service frrom PN.
subsync
Dabbler

Quote from: Heloman

Have you read the first post in this topic, or even the topic title?.
Anyone who read my posts and is waiting for the BT engineer to come round to fit the modem, will now make sure the install is completed properly before letting the engineer leave, thus saving calls to PN customer support by frustrated, non tech savvy customers, like my pensioner Mum.
I'm in my 13th year with plusnet, although some of you can't believe it, sometimes they get it wrong and need telling off, sometimes I overfill my webspace and get told off, we both learn from this and move on. Which is why plusnet is still here when other ISP's have failed.
Is there anyone else that doesn't understand that negative feedback is constructive and want to have a go at me?. Wink
PeterLoftus
Pro

@subsync is your mum sorted, have you started a thread or raised a ticket?
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
subsync
Dabbler

Thanks for asking Peter. There are still a few issues to iron out yet. I usually phone CS as the ticket system can be slow to respond.
@ TheFlyingMouse, let us know how it went  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Is there anyone else that doesn't understand that negative feedback is constructive and want to have a go at me?. Wink

There is nothing wrong with negative feedback PROVIDING it is factually correct!
Even if you have the router, that's all they will do, then leave without plugging in your phone and leaving the router in it's box, unopened. Don't bother plusnet with this problem as they pass the buck and do nothing to help.

WRONG.
Quote from: Heloman
I put up relevant information in regards to how pensioners are treated, and what to expect from plusnet when it goes wrong.

CORRECT & TRUE.
And that's why you were criticised in the first place
Quote from: Anotherone
subsync, .......... People should definitely complain to Plusnet if the engineer doesn't do the job he's supposed to do, and you are wrong to discourage people from complaining.

I see you still haven't started your own thread about your mother's problem, so please do so if you wish to continue complaining about that and I'm sure one of the CRT members will help get it resolved quicker for you than anything else, then you can stop trolling this one.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It is quite clear that the originators of this thread are (in my opinion excessively) concerned about the risks associated with this move and getting quite stressed about it.
Most of us (with the odd exception) are trying to reassure and assist them.
The largely irrelevant posts by @subsync are having the opposite effect and it's a shame they were ever made in this thread without consideration of the OP.  Cry
PeterLoftus
Pro

Anyone else noticed that De fledermause is German for bat but literately translates as "the flying mouse"  Huh
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Empirical
Grafter

I assumed the OP forgot his login details and made another account.
HPsauce
Pro

You can change your forum name. Some people do it regularly.  Huh
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

OP (original or pseudonym) not been back since the advised ETA for fix, hope that means it's fixed rather then can't get online.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: w23
advised ETA for fix
Not a "fix" it's a transfer of phone & broadband from another provider, scheduled for yesterday IIRC.
Maybe a member of PN staff can supply an update?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Apologies, should have read back properly, still hoping the OP is online now and not lost service.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.