Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet against pensioners?.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet against pensioners?.

Interesting theories chaps, but they are two separate posters. Even if you change your name, the post count doesn't reset, nor do your previous posts disappear!
Anyway, I hope that they are both on-line (and excited playing with their new Fibre connections), and not just unable to get on-line because this will be seriously embarrassing for Plusnet if the latter is the case.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

They aren't
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Aren't what?  Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend

two separate posters  Grin
look at first registered date and posts
Basically the first Plusnet account would have died when he left but the account on here remained so it is quite possible to have two accounts on here
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: Anotherone
........ they are two separate posters..............

They certainly are two separate forum accounts, but Peter's suspicion seems to be held up by Jim's comment.
I thought it was/used to be against forum rules for a user to have more than one forum account per Plusnet account, and if it's not, it certainly should be.
That said, I still hope the user is on-line OK.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I thought it was/used to be against forum rules for a user to have more than one forum account per Plusnet account, and if it's not, it certainly should be.
It is but see my post above
Anotherone
Champion

I did read it before I posted, but so what, I don't see what you are getting at, that doesn't make it right!
The user should be requested to choose which they want to use, and the other should be closed by a moderator.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Moderators can't close accounts
There is no rule which says that a user can't have two accounts on the forums only that a forum account must be linked to a Plusnet account and if a user has two Plusnet accounts he can have two community accounts
When a returning customer doesn't or can't reactivate the old account then they get a new account and with that can register on the forums as a new customer while retaining the previous registration
There is no mechanism which would allow the moderators or indeed the staff  to see whether the customer has two community accounts.
The only way round this is to regress to the old rule where the community account was automatically closed once a member closed their Plusnet account and I am sure that we wouldn't want that
Anotherone
Champion

So what would you suggest to deal with issues like this ?
(And, well someone posted some misleading information in another thread then as far as closing accounts )
Quote from: Oldjim
There is no rule which says that a user can't have two accounts on the forums only that a forum account must be linked to a Plusnet account and if a user has two Plusnet accounts he can have two community accounts

I thought I implied that earlier
.............. for a user to have more than one forum account per Plusnet account...............

So as the original Plusnet account is no longer in existence, that takes us back to the question at the start of this post.
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

Initially I had my fill of TalkTalk incompetence and changed to Plusnet on the strength of their TV adverts, "Plusnet do you proud". I have already told of the problems up to 5th May 2015. Now it really gets bad, I have copies of two posts on here that tell me that the install date would be the 6th May, out of decency I will not display the names, but anger says I should. Firstly, the internet was disconnected on the morning of the 6th May at 10:25am, NO WARNING, I was in the middle of internet banking. After waiting until 18:30pm, phoned Plusnet to ask why the engineer had not arrived and was told that the date had been set for the 12th May. WHY THEN HAVE I COPIES OF TWO POSTS TELLING ME OTHERWISE?. This drove me into a rage and I then telephoned TalkTalk to see if they would have me back, they said they would be glad but that it would take 2 weeks. Then I phoned Plusnet back to ask if they could gaurantee the 12 May, answer, no they could not. Now livid with rage I phoned back to cancel my account. Yes, I had made a glaring mistake but I think you will all understand my actions after the evil manner in which I was treat by Plusnet customer relations. Lets face it, those two posts from two Plusnet operatives telling me of the wrong install date are bare faced lies.
Now I had to phone back again and plead to have my account reinstated, these two phone calls to Plusnet were 20 minutes apart. I spoke with a gentleman called Mathew, who assured me that all would be OK, by this time I was reduced to tears. However, through the night we needed help and tried to contact the out of hours doctor, only to find the telephone line had been cut off by Plusnet. Now in panic I had to find a way to contact Plusnet, I got a mobile phone and was shown what to do. On contact with Plusnet I was told that the phone line would be reinstated the following day, however, this has now thrown up another problem. I have a fibre modem and I have been told today that I may not get fibre broadband, when I asked if an engineer would call with a standard modem, the operative could not answer the question. I am now left with an install date sometime in the future, I do not know if it will be slow or fibre broadband and all this from an ISP  "THAT DOES YOU PROUD". MOST DEFINITELY NOT IN THIS CASE. My health both physical and mental have been decimated by this whole episode. I have been truthful in my telling of the facts, that cannot be said for the two "Gentlemen" who said that the install date would be the 6th May.
I await to see what other mistakes are going to be made by Plusnet. It would be interesting to meet the people who made the Plusnet advert and tell them just how bad Plusnet is to its customers!!.
Thank you,
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.

Anotherone
Champion

Well I'm really sorry to hear all this, all post back some more in a minute. You need to make a formal complaint to Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

I'm wondering if the phone was cut-off by TalkTalk. I did say
@TheFlyingMouse
One precautionary thing I will say, I hope you haven't told TalkTalk to close or cancel your account with them.The transfer process automatically deals with their connection being terminated at the time the changeover takes place.

after I read
Quote from: TheFlyingMouse
Hello, incidentally, when I first contacted talktalk to ask about cancelling my contract, they said that they had notification that I was moving to PlusNet and it would be 06/05/15 would be the termination date. I have already got a letter from them saying that they are sorry I am leaving and that I am owed a refund on line rental.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

As I see it, your phone line is now working (and you’ve confirmed this above).
The line had a tag issues when we checked yesterday, and this appears to be cleared. I’m now looking at getting the internet connection back on for you as soon as possible.

EDIT:
There is something not quite right as I don't have the option for Fibre. I've taken your ticket as a "personal" to ensure I (or possibly MattyC) can progress on Monday. In the mean time, I've doing all I can to get the order placed correctly now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: plusnettony
The line had a tag issues when we checked yesterday, and this appears to be cleared.

Tony, could you explain how there was a TOTL issue for what should have been a migration?
derfledermause

Please, I beg of you, please may I ask if you could manage to get this problem rectified. If for nothing else, than to decrease the tension I am under. You have no idea how problems of this nature can destroy people's health.
Thank you,
Regards,
Derfledwrmause,
theFlyingMouse.