cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect

CharlieSmirke
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet Protect

I'm glad to see everyone with problems regarding Mcafee renewal notices seem to have been sorted. Well done. However the initial post I made on here (15-11) with my problem still hasn't been rectified. I've tried on various occasions to remove and add, checked the thank you for joining etc email only to receive another email a minute later telling me its cancelled. My last contact with PN was on Sat by phone where I was told everything would be fixed by Mon. I left it till today just to make sure started downloading only to get the Mcafee "sorry but there are no programs you can install from this account." I'm still at square one after over a fortnight. Please advise.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

CharlieSmirke,
I'm both surprised and sorry to hear that you are still having problems with this. I'm going to perform some checks on your account and try and replicate the issue myself.
Bear with me and I'll come back to you ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
atbs1
Grafter

Well personally we use Windows Live for our anti virus protection and have done so for about a year - no problems whatsoever, and it's free. You could look at the anti virus reviews at PcPro magazine...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks SGTE unfortunately a lot of other considerations and precedents have to be thought of when rolling something out on this kind of scale, however we're confident that things are running smoothly for the majority now and will deal with any individual issues as, when and if we come across them.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
awoodman

Sadly I too have become disillusioned with Plusnet Protect the expression that springs to mind is:
'all fur coat and no knickers'  Grin
(topical too)
No offence to anyone intended!
I have returned to AVG 2011 which is very good but not free. However it does work!
I am very pleased with every other aspect of the Plusnet service in particular FTTC really rocks!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

'all fur coat and no knickers'

gi'oer
No worries, that gave us a chuckle, we understand and know how some of you feel about this offering, I'll keep doing my bit to point out the feelings of the community to the decision makers here. Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
CharlieSmirke
Dabbler

Any news on my problem yet? Its been another two days since you said you'd get back.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

CharlieSmirke,
I've just tried replicating this using your account details and it seems to be OK, this leads me to believe it could be an issue at your side.
Do you have access to another PC you can try this on at all?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
CharlieSmirke
Dabbler

My other pc is 70 miles away at the mo so thats a no. I've tried downloading again this morning with the same result. How can the problem be at my end when it was running fine until  the email from Mcafee telling me its been cancelled? Having said that -  what do you think the problem at my end might be?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

my bad I thought you were referring to an issue with installation, I knew you had mentioned the other issue previously. It sounds like this needs raising with Mcafee, I'll get straight on the case with that...
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
CharlieSmirke
Dabbler

Thats what the guy told me on the phone last Sat. and I'm still waiting.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, bear with us CharlieSmirke,
The next update will most likely be on Monday, I'll make sure we apply appropriate pressure to our vendors.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
CharlieSmirke
Dabbler

Ok - but by Monday I'll only have 10 days left of the 30 day free trial AV I took on and the way things have gone with this problem time wise - thats pushing it close to the wire..
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ok - but by Monday I'll only have 10 days left of the 30 day free trial

I understand your concerns we just need to give Mcafee a chance to look at this, I don't have an update yet I'm afraid but we'll keep chasing.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

CharlieSmirke,
FYI, we're working at this side to see if we can stop this from happening, I'll keep you updated as to what's happening today.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team