cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Nightmare / Worst Service Ever

aly55

This company is a disgrace,signed up 8th November, was told migrate 11th December, never happened , no phone line till 18th December , broadband til 30th december,
talked to 14 different people, on phone and chat line,broadband put back to 15th , 18th , 24th, 29th, now 5th january,
then today 30th told it is on , 52 days they have had my money, over 7 hours on phone calls , 3 hours on chat , can never get a manager, now complaining to offcom , and financial ombudsman, they went into contract with me on 8th November,  and never supplied there part of contract,
absolute joke .
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Title changed at OPs request.
11 REPLIES 11
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi aly55, I'm sorry to see your orders didn't go as smoothly as we would have liked them to have. Looking over your account I can see that initial delays were caused by problems with the phone order, the line then started working, however our suppliers had not actually closed the order off as complete, which prevented us making any further progress on your broadband order.
Once our suppliers had updated their records to show the phone order was complete, we then had to replace your broadband order as they had cancelled the original order due to the initial problems with the phone order.
As a new order had been placed, automation sent confirmation of 05/01/16 in line with the date the order had committed for, however due to problems with the previous order, our suppliers had agreed to expedite the new order. Once the expedite had gone through, we were advised by our suppliers the services would be active on 29/12/15, however I understand this was delayed slightly and the order completed today.
Unfortunately the delays were largely out of our control, but I can see we did do all we could to resolve the issues and get you online as soon as possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: HarryB
Unfortunately the delays were largely out of our control, but I can see we did do all we could to resolve the issues and get you online as soon as possible.

This really is shocking, this continuous separation of what PN does and what OR does. Whilst Harry has explained a timeline of events, it was only done in response to the OP complaining on here. It doesn't sound like PN kept the OP informed of this chaos and why it was happening. And yet, PN has the audacity to say they did all they could to resolve the issues. How about starting with at least letting the customer know what is going on and why. It just seems confusion reigns until a member of staff from here gets involved then explains what actually happened.
Not good enough Plusnet.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

With all due respect, the timeline of events I have provided has been put together using the notes on the account (While double checking our suppliers systems to make sure the notes we have made are accurate)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Exactly my point Harry - it took you to carry out this legwork after complaints on here by the OP. Don't you think it is PNs responsibility to inform the customer of why these delays are happening after each deadline is missed? (11th December,  15th December). Or at very least after the events, to inform them of where the failures were?
I somehow doubt that the OP would have the information you posted had he/she not complained on here.
So by all means come on here and defend your position, but I still say not good enough Plusnet. And given the OP is not a happy camper, do you honestly believe Plusnet could not have done any more to bring back some confidence in your service to the OP? If the answer is no then I think it says a lot about the customer service culture at PN and also explains why these issues keep happening.
adie:green removed quote as per link:rules]
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I think you may have misunderstood my point. The time line I have put together was using notes from the account that are visible to the customer.
Some of these notes were following conversations between the customer and our staff and some were updated when we had received updates from our suppliers.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: aly55
over 7 hours on phone calls , 3 hours on chat , can never get a manager

I still don't think PN have done enough here. Or maybe the OP just enjoys talking to PN for long periods and wasn't trying to get any issue resolved?
At the end of the day, you will be judged on the service you provide. The OP wasn't happy.
aly55

Thank you Jafreer, for your comments which is all correct,no i do not like talking to call centres for over 7 hours, or chat line for over 3 hours , today an hour again ,
as stated had no phone line for 7 days , no broadband for 20 days, yet they had my money for 53 days,
14 people i have talked to , and every time an excuse, would i ever recommend this company no,
no internet over xmas nightmare,no skype for grandchildren abroad, no banking .
Total shambles from plus net , wish i had never changed from ee.
aly55

why has this post been removed
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

No posts have been removed but your topics have been merged.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
aly55

i do not want my post merged, my post was Plusnet Nightmare / Worst Service Ever
can you please repost where it was , as so people can see and answer my post, not bob the builders post , which i answered to.
thank you
aly55

Re: Plusnet Nightmare / Worst Service Ever

Thank you Strat.
appreciated.