cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Expansion

putman

Plusnet Expansion

I'm sorry if this is asked by new members all the time but...
Does anyoneknow if plusnet plan t start offering Digital TV in addition to phone and internet. It would really help me out to get all 3 in one package.
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Expansion

Welcome to the Forum.
A lot of TV is available at the moment but unfortunately, we are in a slow down made (PlanB ) which it is hoped will go back to full speed shortly, BT Engineers are trying to fix a fault. 
Ideally ADSL2+ or cable are required to get a proper TV output, and that depends on where you live, and the quality of your connection.  PN are starting to look at Fibre on two exchanges and are rolling out ADSL2 on exchanges that have it enbled, but again, depends on your line, some on the trial are not really seeing a fast enough connection.
do this check re your line http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php
give us the results (Minus your phone number) and the router stats for your connection http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
scootie
Grafter

very unlikely PN will start a tv service,
tvcatchup in my sig gives all the free view channels for free. there is a desktop app as will for tvcatchup but thats down at the moment why they sort some problems out the browser version is still up and runing thoe, also when its back up the desktop app will have PVR feature as well  Smiley
putman

thanks for posting. It all looks a bit too complicated for me.
I guess if they're not pushing it on the website its not coming in any timesoon.
thanks anyway
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

It's actually very simple to use.  I've been using it a lot for the last week or so as I think our TV aerial is broken as I'm now only able to watch a few channels on freeview.  All I do is log into the website (obviously you need to have already registered), click TV Guide, and then select the channel you want to watch and there it is.  I usually plug the laptop into the TV and then it's not too much unlike watching it on freeview.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Hiya,
At the current moment in time, we have no plans to offer a TV service.
However, the Internet does offer various different options to catch up on TV through the likes of iPlayer and so on.