cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Customer Support Problems

chriskilpatrick

Plusnet Customer Support Problems

Hello

I've noticed that getting hold of customer support has been increasingly difficult but this morning really takes the biscuit.

41 minutes on hold to customer support (the online chat wasn't an option, I'm assuming because so many people were queuing to use it), to finally get through to someone but the line was so bad that they disconnected the call.

Online chat then available, I start at position 23.

For a company that prides itself on customer service this is unacceptable.

I run an IT company and we recommend PlusNet for our domestic customers (and we help them with the signup and setup) and we recommend PlusNet because of the customer service which seems to be a real problem these days.

The Ask A Question was an excellent option when you needed to ask a question but didn't want to wait for a staff member but this has now vanished.

Any plans on PlusNet expanding their customer support centre to bring down these AWFUL waiting times?

Thanks, Chris.

11 REPLIES 11
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Plusnet Customer Support Problems

chriskilpatrick Short Answer ,,,,,,,,NO
BUT they are expanding their TV adverts giving away free Broadband Crazy2
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chriskilpatrick

Yes, expand your customer base without expanding your customer services.

That would be like me getting in more customers without employing more staff so my repair times increase and people start to look elsewhere for IT services.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Apologies for the queues Chris, this is something that we're working towards driving down as much as possible.

Feel free to PM me if there's anything I can personally do for your connection.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@MattyC  obviously, you seem to have missed the past 7 years..... ( Edit Edit Edit... @MattyC profile shows he joined in 2014... so, a "kinda" apology for the start of this post..  but.. ........... )

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Suggestion-employ-more-staff-to-answer-tickets-and-ph...

all during that "debate" there was the same old platitude, that you have just given out....  along with those famous words...

Give us time, and we`ll get there ..

7 years,.... and still the same old ... same old.......     same old problems... same old answers...

You offering your "personal attention", is a fine gesture..

However, there should be no need to offer that service, and it is also an insult to all those other unfortunate people who have the same problems as the O.P. who have to wait on long phone queues, that you ( plusnet ) promised would get shorter, as and when the LEEDS office opened up, and when the new Customer support staff were trained up... 

So, really... for the past 7 years... nothing has changed, and you are still giving out the same "false promises"... that it will improve.. whilst advertising on the back of a previous era, before BT took over and mangled PlusNet.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Thumbs_Up totally agree , and most of the recurring problems we see now were still happening 7 years ago
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Perhaps when more people do as I have done they may start to take notice!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@jelv doubtful...... unfortunately,... there appears to be more joining PlusNet, due to the advertising, than are leaving...

Leaving may improve your personal situation, but staying and trying to get things changed, however much a waste of time it seems, is another way of helping those less fortunate than ourselves.

But those of us who have stayed "loyal", despite the management lack of recognition this fact, still want PlusNet to live up to the promises it makes, and will do our best to hold them to account.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Shutter Could be that PN want the old PN to leave , then there will be NO one here to remind them what they said 7 Years ,,, YES 7 YEARS ago Sad

rrose614

I've spent all day today trying to get an answer to an issue via 'Live Chat', as clearly in another thread PN encourage you to use that service over any other contact method. All I've had is 'agent unavailable', so customer support is clearly a problem, and more so the Webmail service (or lack of service). I've been with PN 2 years now and have never known it to be so bad, is the company about to collapse?

Snarf
Grafter

I was a Planet customer a long time ago. I believe there was 24 hour customer support, I think the longest I ever waited to get through was about 10 mins.

Unfortunately when I moved in with my other half she had a TalkTalk contract. Now there was never a problem but I always loved the customer service from Plusnet. So in Sept this year we came back. I'm now thoroughly regretting that decision but tied into an 18 month contract (based on my previous good experience).

I've never got through to the phone support, I think the shortest wait I've been told is at least 30 mins and now, when my SNR seems to be stupidly low (2dB) and I'm getting lots of packet loss I'm told it'll be an hour's wait on the phone because of all the email server problems. Thing is I don't believe it's an excuse.

Customer Service was always Plusnet's forte, so why would you go and screw that up for everyone to save 50p a month?

If I could raise an official complaint I would, but I suspect I'd be waiting on the phone for 2 hours...

It's hard to blame the staff on here or the call centre, it's clear there's nowhere near enough staff. Now someone point me in the direction of the door (in 15 months time...).

(I'm posting this from my phone on 4G, I just don't trust my connection!)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Thats the MAIN error by Top management ,,, free BB more customers Still same amout of STaff Sad