cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Customer Service

mikecrump

Plusnet Customer Service

Award winning customer service? Customers should not have to wait 30 minutes on the telephone, I am quite happy to send an email and wait for the reply but there does not appear to be an address available. I have been experiencing problems with the WiFi for some time now, Buffering and dropouts , which are solved by rebooting the old Sage router. I do not think this is normal and if I cannot speak to somebody about it I am going to have to move on. So I will eventually spend half and hour of my life  on the telephone to bid Plusnet farewell. What on earth has happened to Plusnet?

An old and very frustrated Plusnet customer

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Router label added to post.

6 REPLIES 6
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Plusnet Customer Service

do the problems disappear when connected via ethernet?
if they do then you either have a faulty router (which will be out of warranty now) or local WIFI issues.
the former you could ask plusnet to send you another but they'll either want paid for it or for you to re-contract for another 12-18 months.
if it's the latter then there really isn't much plusnet can do to resolve that.

you may find it's cheaper for you to buy a new router yourself, which may fix both of the possible issues.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@chenks76 yes i agree BUT the phone wait times are ridiculous Crazy2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chenks76
All Star

Never said they weren't
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry about the wait times @mikecrump

My tests aren't detecting any issues. The connection from your router to the exchange is stable:

Have you tried any wireless diagnostics? This guide should help out. It may also be worth trying an ethernet connection as previously advised. Let us know how you get on.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mikecrump

Thank you for your reply. This issue began to manifest itself a few months ago, as I said it can be solved  albeit temporarily with a reboot of the router. It is particularly evident when watching video streams. An ethernet connection all over the house is not practical and is not possible to devices such as phones and tablets. i would say there is a maximum of four devices using the network at any one time. As I said, from the evidence,,  it is probably a problem with the router. if you look at my account you will be able to see how many times i have had to reboot in the last few months. as you are now part of BT i thought you had a better router some what akin to their Infinity device.

Regards,

Mike Crump

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Mike,

We'd be happy to offer you the Plusnet Hub One [similar to a Homehub 5] for the postage fee of £6.99. If you'd like to go ahead just reply to this ticket

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet