cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet/BT is a JOKE

nick0

Plusnet/BT is a JOKE

Two weeks of pathetic excuses and oops we are sorry and now enough is enough.
I had a faulty line (crackling) which was caused by a BT Muppet messing around in the cabinet
and after the usual rubbish and TWO visits my line is now clear.
On Friday my line was fixed but Speed was only 1mb so I called Plusnet and unfortunately got put
through to a trainee and was told this was NORMAL and within 48Hrs my speed would increase
now as Plusnet record calls they can verify that.
Today my broadband is still slowwwwwww so I called Plusnet to be told that according to there system
I had NO internet and after a few checks (and me replacing filters, cables and routers as I have spares)
it now appears there is a broadband fault.
Now OK I can accept that the Trainee fucked up and fed me a pile of rubbish but guess what as soon
as I put the phone down I have NO broadband as all the lights are on green but nobody's home.
I now have to use my Three MiFi adapter but at least I get 2-3mb with that but yet again it is at cost to myself.
Plusnet is the cheap arm of BT and I don't mind that as BT (Bangladesh Telecom call center) staff don't even speak proper
English however at least they seem to be trained properly.
I never rant on forums as I don't see the point but broadband is part of everyday life and although I accept mistakes can happen
it just happens to be on Friday of last week the same day my sister had her Plusnet line activated thanks to my recommendation :(.
A TOTALLY CHEESED OFF (should sort out the forum geek)
Nick
Dick:red Avoidance of swear filter removed.
11 REPLIES 11
nick0

Re: Plusnet/BT is a JOKE

MODERATOR MUPPET.....I didn't swear or use any foul language so please check with someone who knows what they are doing before
editing members posts.
IDIOT
Nick
nick0

AND AGAIN IDIOT as fault is ongoing why have you moved it to feedback????Huh
MUPPET
Nick
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Your post will have been moved, as the moderator will have deemed this the most appropriate section for your post to get help.
Insulting people who do a great job at keeping the forum running smoothly, is just plain rude, i suggest you calm down, and then i am sure you will get the help you need
Regards
Mike  

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Luzern
Hero

@ OP with all that shouting going on I do hope you have a stock of throat lozenges. Roll_eyes Grin
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: nick0
MODERATOR MUPPET.....I didn't swear or use any foul language

Yes you did and it's still there.
redsetter
Grafter

i found plusnet slower then sky,3.7meg down to 2.6meg.when i first started sky it was only 1.5meg for some months.i can only assume there was work carried along the line and the speed increased one day out of the blue.
i used to have a crackly line some years ago with cable intermittently ,moving the wire from the electricity supply/meter cured it,it must have been what is called dirty electricity.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: nick0
AND AGAIN IDIOT as fault is ongoing why have you moved it to feedback????Huh
MUPPET
Nick

First off the moderators are customers just like yourself who have volunteered to be moderators on these forums; they receive no benefits from Plusnet such as cut prices. Secondly they have a good knowledge of how these forums work and where posts are best placed to receive appropriate attention.
Reading through your initial post it is now in the most appropriate place - a link has been left in the original location - I'm really not sure why you are getting so steamed up about that aspect and I suggest an apology to the moderators would be appropriate.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi nick0,
Sorry to hear the connection's not working as it should be. I can see you've raised a fault, it looks like it's still dropping connection occasionally which will be why it's running slowly at the moment.
The ticket's with our faults team and they'll be getting some test results back to you soon, hope it gets fixed quickly for you.
Luzern
Hero

Having a feedback section in the forum speaks well for Plusnet's willingness to be open about problems. Also, though the vitriolic posters may think themselves great in posting in their angry style, that style speaks badly for them.
IMHO Plusnet's openness is to be much commended against that of other forums e.g. BT Community Care, where there is no specific feedback section, just one for other broadband questions. By that choice ISTM awkward questions are much less prominent.
So should Feedback be as prominent as now in view of the unjustified damage some posts could, I suspect deliberately, try to do to the company?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: lucerne
So should Feedback be as prominent as now in view of the unjustified damage some posts could, I suspectdeliberately, try tp do to the company?

Absolutely. Mainly because it's the first thing people will want to see when researching an ISP, and off the back of this, NOTHING looks better than an angry customer posting, having the problem sorted out and basically being turned around - which is what we're always aiming to do.
Sure, it doesn't always work out as such - but as long as we're always trying, that also goes a long way Smiley
syates
Grafter

Are you always trying?  I've been having a problem with my broadband from PlusNet for 13 months now and I get the impression you can't really be bothered...  Maybe I should get angry on the forums then?
jim:quote