Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Advertising

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Plusnet Advertising

I wonder how long before PN will take to start to change their advertising ?  due to this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36195454

I belive its not before time they show the BB/Phone as a all in one price

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
23 REPLIES 23
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Plusnet Advertising

It should finally put an end to the nonsense of "free broadband".

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Some more reading here http://hexus.net/business/news/telcos/92567-tougher-approach-broadband-service-price-claims-way/

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

I wonder how long before PN will take to start to change their advertising ?

Has to be done by the 31st October 2016 so still plenty of time to use the current crop of adverts without sanction.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Mav
Fixes: 514

When a company says 'they will lead the way' don't you just know they already have some new ingenious ways of conning the customerWink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Yes i agree Mav Thumbs_Up 

strange when you read second link ,

I quote " He pointed out that such 'compound pricing', as previously used by the air travel industry, was outlawed throughout the EU last year and the same principle needs to be applied to the UK's broadband service industry."

There should be more transparency into what the actual cost is !!  and should be illeagl to hide extra costs as the same as air travel 

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

ANyone know how many senior citizens there are who only have a landline and no broadband or mobile phone. How do we accommodate them? Sad

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

You should be able to get a basic phone line and a basic broadband if you want it.

Without all the added bells and whistles, which many don't have any use for, the price would be transparently clear.

But no company wants to do that.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

I'm wondering what will happen where telephone service is obtained from one supplier, e.g. BT, and Internet service from another, e.g. PlusNet (as in my own situation), how/where will the line rental be apportioned?  Strictly speaking, as I'm fortunate enough to be on FTTP with PlusNet, under the current PN terms I could ditch my BT landline, but what would happen to someone who needed their landline for the delivery of their Internet service?

Perhaps the 'line rental' cost will be divided between the 2 services and the relevant portion added to the headline cost of each, or is that a too simplistic approach?

Edit: Typo

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

For pensioners (and others) on low income there's always BT Basic which you can even have with Broadband

I don't believe any other supplier offers an equivalent to BT Basic (though I'd be delighted to be corrected on this assumption).

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
SpendLessTime
Hero

This is about the advertising process,  so if Plusnet advertise Broadband, they cannot miss out the line rental costs or hide the in small print (which is what is allowed to happen now)

All they have to do, is state that if you use another supplier for your line rental, then the costs will be £y instead of the £x headline figures.

It is about being explicit in all the costs to the consumer over the life time of the initial contract.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Billnotben Thumbs_Up i agree my mother in law 83 only has phone line BT been on same contract for years , BT never sent her any offers , a family member rang BT to see about getting her a cheaper phone line rental was told by the agent if she took BB she could get a cheaper line rental WTF Ticked_off

Eventually she did get a better line rental deal but trying to get her to take BB was ridiculous

Problem with all ISP now they always incorperate the word FREE !!  and when people see that word they cannot see the hidden cost , the ASA  should Ban the word FREE

w23
Pro

@SpendLessTime wrote:

This is about the advertising process,  so if Plusnet advertise Broadband, they cannot miss out the line rental costs or hide the in small print (which is what is allowed to happen now)

All they have to do, is state that if you use another supplier for your line rental, then the costs will be £y instead of the £x headline figures.

So, does 'Unlimited Broadband Free for 18 Months' become 'Unlimited Broadband only £16.99 per Month including Line Rental or £12.49 per Month if you pay your line rental to another supplier'?

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
SpendLessTime
Hero

Yes

And isn't it nicer than FREE BROADBAND

You must pay £17.99 a month line rental for 24 months to get 12 months free broadband

w23
Pro

Not sure how the promotions luvvies [oops - sorry] "Marketing Exectutives" will cope (or justify their high-salary existence) if they simply have to tell the plain, unadorned truth and be totally open about the real pricing of the product they're selling.

Call me 'w23'