cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet website is rubbish

fedupcustomer
Dabbler

PlusNet website is rubbish

Can someone tell me how to get through to Plusnet??? I am no longer willing to sit on the phone all day listening to white noise holding music.
I still have no internet. I have replaced the router and done all the diagnostics required but no broadband light on the router anymore.
tried using the PN website and it is so slow its painful and the broadband troubleshooter tells me it is looking into my issues without me telling them what they are.
My previous issue was said to be closed...can anyone at PN just sort out my internet. I am paying, and have been for 2,5 weeks for NO SERVICE. PlusNet are useless
15 REPLIES 15
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: PlusNet website is rubbish

Hi fedupcustomer,
Really sorry that you're having issues getting in touch with us. We're experiencing a few issues at the moment with website and portal availability, we're working on this as we speak, please bear with us.
I've just noticed, you appear to have used your MAC Code and have started the process of moving your services over to a different provider?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you have used a MAC by giving it to a different ISP and they have placed an order to move your service across I believe the the BT Wholesale systems will be limiting what Plusnet can do about your issues. I think your choices are to cancel the move and let Plusnet sort out your issues or wait till your move completes and then have your new ISP sort out the issues.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
fedupcustomer
Dabbler

My new supplier has started nothing yet. Are you going to look at my issue or not?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If your MAC has been used as reported by Chris then your new supplier has started the formal takeover with BT Openreach and as such there is very little Plusnet can do as any fault reports to BT Openreach will be rejected
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The TAG on your line is no longer with Plusnet, which shows that your MAC Code has been used and likely an order has been placed.
We can't physically test or touch your line as it is with your new supplier. If this wasn't the case, I would certainly help.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: fedupcustomer
My new supplier has started nothing yet.

They've taken over responsibility for the service and have done nothing yet? Not a good start!
Frying pan, fire?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
fedupcustomer
Dabbler

frying pan, fire??? PlusNet is an inferno. Of course BT will have done nothing yet as they do not take over the line until 14th. However, as PN have failed for 3 weeks to resolve the issue, I paid and got it done myself. GOOD RIDDANCE to PlusNet and their useless customer service.
Only now that I am changing user are they admitting that they wrongly allocated my complaints and escalating it! To coin another phrase: Horse bolted, stable door locked!
fedupcustomer
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
The TAG on your line is no longer with Plusnet, which shows that your MAC Code has been used and likely an order has been placed.
We can't physically test or touch your line as it is with your new supplier. If this wasn't the case, I would certainly help.

Certainly help?? I had given you guys enough chance and you didn't!!! what sort of thing to say is that?? Wait until I am so sick of PN customer (lack of)care that I would rather go elsewhere before you decide to help????
Jeez.....Are PN people employed to simply try damage limitation here. They should be employed to sort problems when they occur
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not at all, I've tried to help, however you've switched providers so we're unable to test your line or support you any further with this. I can see that you spoke to my colleague, David who advised that the issue was with your Wireless, the day after the fault was raised.
As I'm unable to access your line at all, there is very little I can do to help further than to wish you all the best with your new ISP.
fedupcustomer
Dabbler

Incorrect: I told David what the problem was, he insisted on reading the crib sheet of diagnostics and being obtrusive. This is all too little, too late from PN
adie:Quote
fedupcustomer
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: fedupcustomer
My new supplier has started nothing yet.

They've taken over responsibility for the service and have done nothing yet? Not a good start!
Frying pan, fire?

frying pan, fire??? PlusNet is an inferno. Of course BT will have done nothing yet as they do not take over the line until 14th. However, as PN have failed for 3 weeks to resolve the issue, I paid and got it done myself. GOOD RIDDANCE to PlusNet and their useless customer service.
Only now that I am changing user are they admitting that they wrongly allocated my complaints and escalating it! To coin another phrase: Horse bolted, stable door locked!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

However, as PN have failed for 3 weeks to resolve the issue

Sorry but I understand you're frustrated however I'm at a loss to see where 3 weeks has come from? You used the faults checker to report the problem to us on the 28th, then on the 29th you spoke to David as above and on the 30th asked for your MAC which we provided on the same day. The MAC has been used and the broadband on the line is no longer provided by Plusnet, therefore we are unable to offer any support on this now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
fedupcustomer
Dabbler

Please look at my usage
jim:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

OK, let me rephrase the last part of what I said.
The MAC has been used and the line is now showing as a BT line, whether or not the order has completed on their side yet. Unfortunately due to this we can't investigate a fault, if we enter your line information in the BTWholesale system we use for fault diagnostics we get an error saying that the line doesn't belong to us. The only way for us to investigate a fault now would be for the BT order to be cancelled off.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.