cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet please use common sense, can someone like Mand pls read this?

Steevio

PlusNet please use common sense, can someone like Mand pls read this?

I joined Plusnet at the end of November 2009 and to be honest just had a complete Nitemare.
I work from home so needed VPN access to perform my job, i could not VPN in with Plusnet from Day 1. Emails and ticket requests went backwards and forward for 3 weeks at which point i had no choice but to cancel my account with Plusnet and go with BT.
Sure enough, BT service has no issues from day 1 and i can VPN in fine.
1st Plusnet said i need to upgrade to their next level of service which would enable VPN connection and also increase by useage and speed. Considering i'm limited to half a meg here that was abit of a daft thing to suggest.
It was taking 3/4 days to get any response, then after i collected Wireshark data as requested i basically got the idea they did not know why i couldnt connect. The day before i terminated my contract it was suggested it could be a problem with the router and could i test another. I dont just have routers sat in my house??!?
So now plusnet ring me on just about a daily basis looking for £70 for connection fee (£30) and wireless Router cost (£40). We go round in circles with someone from abroad and they say they will have to pass on to their Debt recovery team.
I have already said i am RELUCTANTLY willing to pay the £30 but not the fee for the router, i have said i will happily send this back if needs be.
If Plusnet are not willing to offer the £40 reduction as a gesture of goodwill for the terrible service i received during my tme with them i think its a sad state of affairs. The fact is your service did not enable me to do my job, i could not jeapordise this further, after all i perserveered 3 weeks and gave plenty of opportunity for you to fix the problem.
Please can someone come back to me with a bit of common sense rather than me just receiving calls from International numbers everyday and just going round in circles?
Many thanks
Steve
jim:green Title altered to avoid upsetting Mand mod:end
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: PlusNet please use common sense, can someone like Mandy pls read this?

Hi,
If you were trying to use a VPN using PPTP then it was probably down to the router and PlusNet are aware of it. See this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,82852.0.html. It would appear that the PPTP protocol support was removed in version 8 firmware which started shipping in Nov 2009. Maybe they weren't aware of the problem in Nov.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Steevio

Re: PlusNet please use common sense, can someone like Mand pls read this?

I got the feeling they knew what the problem was all along but just didnt want to say for whatever reason.
Mand - any chance you might be able to look into this and hopefully help?
Mand
Grafter

Re: PlusNet please use common sense, can someone like Mand pls read this?

Sorted for you now I hope. Wink