Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet assist

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusNet assist

Installed PlusNet assist. Took ages to install and to be honest found it very slow to run and pretty useless. Told me I have a very poor wireless signal is low and check if I have a wireless card installed. The laptop was 2ft from the router with a full signal. Kept coming up with an error saying script error. Now un installed.
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: PlusNet assist

Hi glloyd,
I'll make sure that gets fed back. I guess you allowed everything to run through Internet Explorer? Unfortunately Assist won't work properly if it doesn't have those permissions, it uses Internet Explorer to do a lot of its tasks.
stupormundis

I agree with the previous users comments. Plusnet assist kept telling me I had email problems when I didn't  ... it also seems to compete with windows update and seems totally redundant. Have unloaded in the interests of reducing memory overhead. 0/10.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@stupormundis thanks for the extra feedback.
You didn't comment about it but are you using Internet Explorer too? the only reason myself and Matt have mentioned that is that symptoms like that can be seen if you allow it to run through another browser.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Trouble is Adam a lot of people don't use IE now. My google analytic s show IE at the bottom of the list for browsers.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just to clarify I'm not talking about browsing, PA should open automatically in a new internet explorer window. However myself and Matt suspect that it might not be in your case.
I'm going to find out if there's any way to force PA to use only Internet Explorer windows. As for browsing carry on using what you like Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team